What's your favorite fairy-tale story?

Users who are viewing this thread

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have always liked fairy-tale stories. Beauty and the Beast is of my fairy-tale stories! I have read and watched different versions of "Beauty and the Beast", and I like all of them! What is your favorite fairy-tale story?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
The Little Match Girl.

A short, poignant story that's just plain, great. I wonder why no one writes fairy stories anymore? Or is it really true that there was a time fairies lived among men and that the collected stories have a grain of truth in them?

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The Little Match Girl.

A short, poignant story that's just plain, great. I wonder why no one writes fairy stories anymore? Or is it really true that there was a time fairies lived among men and that the collected stories have a grain of truth in them?

I haven't heard about this fairy-tale story. I need to check it out someday. Yes, it's sad that almost no one writes fairy-tale stories anymore. I think there aren't too many people read about this kind of story anymore. I am not going anywhere, and I like fairy-tale stories all the way!

isabbbela

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Beauty and the Beast and Peter Pan were always my favorites! I also loved the Lady ad the Tramp movie (not sure that qualifies as a fairy tale).
And I agree, nobody seems to write fairy tales anymore like they used to. I wonder why that happens, because all the fairy tales known are from a very long time ago.

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Probably Cinderella...'bippity boppity boo' and all that. :D

I like Anastasia too.

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
MV5BMTYwNTA4NzY1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODE1NzM5._V1._SX288_SY475_.jpg

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasia_(1997_film)

IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118617/

The last surviving child of the Russian Royal Family hooks up with two con men to reunite with her grandmother, the Dowager Empress, while the undead Rasputin seeks her death.

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The Little Match Girl.

I recall that fairy-tale story too. It's a sad story about a girl who lights matches until she passes out.

Beauty and the Beast and Peter Pan were always my favorites! I also loved the Lady ad the Tramp movie (not sure that qualifies as a fairy tale).
And I agree, nobody seems to write fairy tales anymore like they used to. I wonder why that happens, because all the fairy tales known are from a very long time ago.

Fairy-tales and Disney movies are quite inseparable such that Disney's storytelling makes the fairy-tales come to life.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I recall that fairy-tale story too. It's a sad story about a girl who lights matches until she passes out.

Fairy-tales and Disney movies are quite inseparable such that Disney's storytelling makes the fairy-tales come to life.

I agree. This is one of the reasons I like watching Disney movies. I remember I used to watch all the fairy-tale cartoon movies, which are my favorites!

asereht1970

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
That would be Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast for me. I love reading them as a child and now reading them again for my nieces and nephews. I feel happy that Disney always have fairy tale movies.

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The Little Mermaid has fascinated since childhood. Although I love the other fairy-tales - Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Peter Pan and Snow White - there's something about the plot that, from my viewpoint, gives the story more edge than the others. Perhaps it's the longing the mermaid feels for the soil and the solitude that comes with that unexpressed longing. There's something profound and poignant about her longing.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back