Whats your diet ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Shole

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I tried a lot of different diets but the one that suits me best is : eat everything.
I just can't seem to follow a diet for long due to my energy needs and due to me loving to eat a lot of different foods :D
So what diet are you following to keep in shape?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,352.51z
I've been doing the Southbeach Diet for quite some time now. It's a high protein diet that focuses on GOOD carbs. My weight loss has plateaued over the past year or so, but I lost a total of 95 pounds.

angelicagapit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I'm actually a certified wellness coach, and it's important to take in proper nutrition.

Don't just count calories. You need to get all of the nutrients you need on a daily basis, because it's not just about weight loss, it's about health and wellness. The only way to build sustainable weight management is if you know what you're doing or what you're getting into. Don't try any weight loss program if you haven't done the research about it.

Some simple tips I can give you is to drink 3 - 4 liters of water daily, eat protein based meals and minimize your carbs, and also do simple workouts on your free time.

Shortie

Reaction score
Tokenz
334.99z
I have for years done nothing but yo-yo diet and nothing ever seems to work other than just eat normal, don't over indulge and only eat when you feel hungry and when eating, eat until you feel comfortably full. I have found that by doing this I can lose weight without any problems and add to that being on my feet a lot and walking around a lot and it can help me to lose weight healthily.

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I just keep off the processed sugar, drink lots of water and eat what I want until my stomach stops protesting, not until it feels full cause that means I overate. Moderate exercise such as walking and stuff and I lose weight fast.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I just eat everything in moderation.

And as a part of my diet, I often work on the computer at night in order to curb my desire to eat goodies at night. Eating goodies at night is usually where I gain the weight.

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My diet is really strict and mostly raw. I cannot eat anything with artificial sweeteners. Diet has to stay low nitrate, so no cured meats. I am allergic to rye and synthetic food dyes. So I cannot eat almost anything that comes in a jar, can or box unless it is organic. If I'm feeling lazy I will just buy gluten free because I know it won't have rye because it's a gluten wheat. Oh and pork really really make my stomach hurt. Many people with neurological problems also tend to lack an amino acid that digests the proteins in pork, resulting in owwwww. Bacon is totally worth it though. hah!

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I eat fairly healthily as I can't really afford to be buying junk food right now. I'll have the occasional pizza and chocolate bar but on the whole, I cook my meals from scratch. It works out much cheaper, plus it means I'm not eating too many additives and preservatives.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
My diet consist of a lot of GMO free meat, and a lot of raw vegetables. I do not eat carbohydrate, starches, sugar, and grains. I started this diet a bout a year ago after watching a few documentaries on food. Since being on this diet, I have lost about 30 pounds and I don't suffer from the allergies that I had since I was a kid.

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I stick mostly to a primal style diet so I eat similar foods to @joshposh though I do eat some fruits so I may eat more carbs than he does and I indulge in an occasional sweet potato after heavy exercise. I try to eat locally sourced meats that are from living conditions I can verify and are primarily free range. I stick to raw dairy when I can find it and limit dairy to butter & hard cheese only if I can't find it raw.

I allow myself two 'cheat' meals a week that can have either high carbs (a sweet potato or squash) OR one gluten-free grain (i.e. oats or rice) OR one sweet thing (i.e. adding sugar to a dessert) per week.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I stick mostly to a primal style diet so I eat similar foods to @joshposh though I do eat some fruits so I may eat more carbs than he does and I indulge in an occasional sweet potato after heavy exercise. I try to eat locally sourced meats that are from living conditions I can verify and are primarily free range. I stick to raw dairy when I can find it and limit dairy to butter & hard cheese only if I can't find it raw.

I allow myself two 'cheat' meals a week that can have either high carbs (a sweet potato or squash) OR one gluten-free grain (i.e. oats or rice) OR one sweet thing (i.e. adding sugar to a dessert) per week.

Good for you. At least you are educated enough to make a conscious decision about the food you eat. Most people have no clue and are still eating what they were told that was a healthy diet. Little do they know the food pyramid is upside down. The diet that has been prescribed to us as healthy, is actually the way they fatten goes to be butchered. It worked. Everyone is fatter and getting sick because of it.

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I absolutely hate diets because I love food and I enjoy eating LOL I eat a little of everything my heart desires, nothing is off the menu. The minute I'm told I can't have something, I start craving it desperately. I believe in portion size control, eat a lot of fruit and veg, rarely snack (or if I do I stick to nuts, fruit, veg), stay clear of fizzy drinks, take a little exercise (mainly power walking) 3-4 times a week and drink lots of water. I'm not joking; this keeps me in shape, and my weight doesn't fluctuate by much if at all.

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
As I am extremely limited in terms of what I can and can't eat and am restricted to eating only totally natural foods prepared from scratch - not through choice but because of various health issues - my diet is mainly Mediterranean style and apart from occasionally having fish is more or less vegetarian and generally made of produce that I have grown myself.

Apart from the fact that I value my health and like to eat as healthily as possible - I really love this style of eating - not just because its easy to prepare and nutritionally complete - but also because its extremely versatile too - in that - although many of the meals are very similar in the sense that they generally consist of mostly stews, fish, rice, pasta and vegetable based dishes - as they can be cooked and served in so many different ways and the flavor so easily changed with just a pinch of different herbs or the addition of saffron, olives, anchovies or capers - it never gets boring - as no one meal ever really tastes exactly the same as another :)

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Good for you. At least you are educated enough to make a conscious decision about the food you eat. Most people have no clue and are still eating what they were told that was a healthy diet. Little do they know the food pyramid is upside down. The diet that has been prescribed to us as healthy, is actually the way they fatten goes to be butchered. It worked. Everyone is fatter and getting sick because of it.

I agree with you. I have seen people my age or older remain healthy eating a lot of foods that I avoid BUT they're either much more physically active than me or they're restricting other things to compensate. For me to feel good and maintain my health, I have to give up some things but I'm okay with what I decided to give up. I'm not as strict as some are but I pay attention to how I feel. I know what I can get away with eating before I start to feel bad.

It all started with a very restricted 'whole 30' month. I was pretty much in withdraw from food additives for a week. Then I was amazed at how good I felt. At the end, I added food groups back one at a time and was appalled at how sluggish and sick some made me feel. If I hadn't tried some time without them, I would have thought that sluggish and sick feeling was 'normal'. It was how I always felt. Now, I know there's a different option. Plus some foods, like raw honey, really help my allergy issues.

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
I am not a heavy eater, I am also a sea diver and spend 15 minutes walking on our lawn every day. I am maintaining 110 pounds weight since age 17.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
None i always eat what i want ... my most food i eat at night

I used to eat very little and hardly any sweets but now seems i want to have more sweets and i eat more
but still i am in healthy weight just need to avoid some bad foods as i am getting older
I am not worry that i will put a lot put weight this will never happen but like i said lately need to reduce the bad choices of food not the amount i don't eat a lot actually i have huge meals but i do not snack all the time

Brad P

Reaction score
Tokenz
403.30z
I used to be 13 stone 2 years ago now I’m 16 stone, this is due to me stopping smoking and I’ve replaced with food…

Trying to now eat healthy as i certainly feel it now when I try running. It’s not good 😞

78,865Threads
2,185,203Messages
4,953Members
Back