What's the biggest sporting event you've been to?

Users who are viewing this thread

ajdunn

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Anyone ever been to the Olympics or the FIFA World Cup? What was it like?

The biggest event I've ever been to was the Ryder Cup when it was held at Celtic Manor in 2010. I don't even like golf (I went with my dad) but the atmosphere was amazing and it was a great day. I've also been to a few Premier League matches in Swansea, but I'm not sure if that counts as a major sporting event :cool

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

caparica007

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The biggest sporting event I've been to was UEFA 2004 Euro Championship here in Portugal. It was great. Last year I also went to watch Portugal Open in tennis, ATP250, not a very big event, but it was OK too.

mauricioq

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
That would be Barcelona X Games this year, it was insane! I saw skateboarding, bmx, moto X and rally, awesome event all over, had lots of fun because extreme sports is something I always liked since a kid when they used to pass it on television.
Seeing all these pros live was so different you can fell the difficult of the work they do!

BelgianRockfan2

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
For me it was Belgium's soccer cup final, because my town's team somehow had gotten into it. We lost, but it was still a great experience. I was actually thinking about going to a WWE event in Belgium, but then I saw the price ($70-$80) and remembered that no one I know would want to come with me.

Chrisuren

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
El Classico (Barce vs Real Madrid) a few years ago. Was so intense and will remember it till the day I die. Also I have been to a few England international games at Wembley stadium that where all great!

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Philly Eagles game at the vet. Even then, I'd leave in the 3rd quarter to beat all the people out when I drove to a game there (phillies games in the summer one year I could stay till the end and take a cab lol).

Dave

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Ive never been to the Olympics or World Cup would love to go though. Anyways, the biggest sporting events ive been to are Alabama Crimson Tide football games. I went to the college for a year and man that place is crazy on Saturdays.

jcairns82

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
I'd have to go back 20 years to the '93 world series. Dad happened to luck out and get tickets to the game and it was phenomenal. I can't imagine spending a ton of money these days to catch a playoff game of any sport.

SpiralArchitect

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The 2011 cricket world cup final between India and Sri Lanka. What a great atmosphere that match had and once India won the match the crowd pretty much exploded. Great great time to be a cricket fan in India.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I remember when i was younger i went to the WWF summerslam! :willy_nilly:

For those who don't know WWE was called WWF back in the days and was renamed due to conflict with world wildlife fund for nature. It was great watching my favourite wrestlers like the undertaker! Haven't seen WWE for a while so that was probably a one time thing.

orzz

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been to a few football games with 20,000-30,000 people, that's it though. Pretty crazy atmosphere though for anyone that knows what its like to be at such a big event, I can't imagine anything bigger.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I've been to two New England Patriots games in Foxboro, Massachusetts.

The first was the season opener back in 1995, where the Patriots beat the Cleveland Browns 17-14.

The second game was the Pats vs. the Redskins, who beat New England 27-22, in 1996.

Both games were close nail-biters.

NY Tall Guy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
for me it was a few years back when I attended every collegiate MAAC tournament game over a 5 day stretch at the Times Union Center in Albany, NY

starfox64

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been to one NFL game when I was about 10 years old. It was when the Cowboys had Emmit Smith and Troy Aikman and I think that they were playing the Seahawks. I've also been to about 4 San Antonio Spurs games, but no playoff games. I'd really wish to go to an NBA Finals game someday!

78,866Threads
2,185,220Messages
4,953Members
Back