What's The Best Way To Lose Weight Fast?

Users who are viewing this thread

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
After fracturing my knee, I had to spend a lot of time just lying on my back. Any slight movement would make move my leg which in turn would cause me a lot of pain. Because I couldn't work out, I slowly gained weight and now, I even have a paunch.

My knee has almost healed now but I don't think the delicate state it is in can permit me to work out. So, anyone got suggestions how I can lose weight without having to work out? Could dieting help a little?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
eat a super low carb diet
no sugar
basically meat eggs cheese
no bread
after 3 days of no sugar you'll get head aches for a about a week
I lost 7 lbs in 1 week

RazKnows

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
eat a super low carb diet
no sugar
basically meat eggs cheese
no bread
after 3 days of no sugar you'll get head aches for a about a week
I lost 7 lbs in 1 week

How does that help you lose weight?? You need a good diet and barely eating isn't healthy. You need to be walking if you can and portion control on food really helps. I would also recommend filling a pitcher of water and putting slices of lemon in there. You can lose a couple pounds from drinking lemon water and it's healthy for you. Fruits and veggies and cut up some chicken in your salads. Sugar is ok just not like cookies and brownies. You can have gummy bears and there's good sugars in fruits that give you energy.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I actually agree with the second post by choosing a low carb diet (although not super low!). Take away sugar as you will get enough sugars from your fruit intake, and reduce wheat based carbs like bread and pasta. If you can't exercise then this is your best option as your body will take energy from your fat reserves. Going vegetarian will also help if you're only interested in weight loss and not toning up.

Ryguy3026

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Find your BMR, and get that amount of calories. Maybe a little more at the beginning.
Most people are probably going insane right now thinking why would I suggest the BMR amount of calories. Well good people, I will tell you why. The BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) is the amount of calories your body naturally burns. It doesn't include any movement or other uses of calories. I assume that since you want to lose weight you're running like crazy? Stop doing that. It does burn calories, it does get your metabolism going, which is why I recommend doing a bit of running every day.

But the main things i recommend for the maximum weight loss is:

1. Do a fast walk/jog every morning for at least half an hour. Fast in this case doesn't mean the speed at which you are running. It means, as soon as you wake up, grab a drink, and get walking/jogging. go a comfortable pace but not too comfortable. What this does is essentially... Your body has no food in it right? What happens when your body has no food energy to burn and you're doing activity? It burns calories that your body has already stored up. Also known as, fat. When you get back from this, eat a good, healthy breakfast. Stay away from simple carbs such as white bread, table sugar, potatoes. Potatoes are okay sometimes, but it's a simple carb which increases the chance of you gaining fat.

2. Lift light weights for high reps. Pick a weight that you can lift for about 20-30 reps. Do a variety of exercises and switch it up everyday. Never target the same body part twice in a row. You aren't going to pack on serious muscle doing this, but you will incinerate the fat and tone muscles. In my opinion, lifting light weighs for high reps is better than running because it really cranks up that metabolism as energy is used trying to restore the muscle tissue that you break down by working out.

3. Use a calorie counting app to make sure you're getting around your BMR of calories. Maybe more if that's not nearly enough for you. Losing/gaining weight is a simple equation:
Calorie Intake > Calories burnt = Weight gain (in form of fat, or if you're working out, muscle.)
Calorie Intake = Calories burnt = Weight maintains
Calorie Intake < Calories burnt = Weight loss (as your body needs the energy that you aren't taking in so it turns to fat cells to get that energy.)
Calories Burnt = Basal Metabolic Weight + Calories burnt from activities.

Use this to find your BMR: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bmr_calculator.htm
A good iPhone/Android app to count calories and nutrients is MyFitnessPal.

If you do everything I said here, I promise, you will lose lots of weight.
I helped a few friends out with their weight problems and one girl lost about 3-4 pounds a week!
You will lose quite a bit at the beginning, and it will be hard, but if you ever have a lack of motivation, think of you in the best shape of your life.
P.S. Don't try to lose 7 pounds a week long term... It's dangerous and your body won't be able to adapt quick enough.

Good luck!
If you have any further questions, quote me.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
Best is not to lose fast weight .. you can lose a lot for few days then it will stop .. just lower a little your portion of the food and be careful what you eat avoid meals high in calories ... maybe you will lose slow but it will be better in the long run..

bmfc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Not only should you eat well but, you should also exercise. I understand you hurt your legs but you can exercise your upper body. There is a fun work out call chairasize. It's all about working out sitting down. Good luck

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Also remember people the more overweight you are the easier it is to lose.
The extra weight is like packing a child on your back so to say...but the weight is distributed all over..so in reality being over weight is like packing your own fat around..This will help you build muscle...yeah it sucks as it will tire you..but you will start feeling better in short time :)

Funambulist

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
A low carb diet and a lot of physical activity is probably the way to lose weight. I wouldn't recommend to use diet pills or anything like that. I read from somewhere that most of those over-the-counter diet pills are ineffective and have side-effects. Anything from diarrhea and frequent or hard-to-control bowel movements to insomnia and cognitive dysfunction can occur as side-effects of taking diet pills.

eagle22

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The biggest mistake people make is cutting their calories too much. I know you want to lose weight fast but don't cut the calories too much! If you do you will end up ruining your metabolic rate.

Tobasn

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
how I can lose weight without having to work out? Could dieting help a little?
Its always very hard and difficult to cut your weight down without doing workout..i suggest you to drink plenty of water and make a proper diet plan without sugar and little protein.. Through diet you can loss weight but it would be very slow process

juliaintheclouds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I lost 30 pounds without any exercise using a low carb/high fat or ketogenic diet. You have probably already heard of it under the name of Atkins. I know it has a pretty bad rap because people think you just eat bacon and eggs. That is not true, although you can eat bacon and eggs you should also be eating lots of veggies too :)

The premise of the diet is that you cut out almost all carbs, that means everything made of wheat (bread, pasta, cookies etc), potatoes, rice, sugar and most fruits and you increase your fat intake. Without the sugar to burn for energy your body starts using fat instead.

If you feel like you could survive eating meats, high fat dairy, eggs, nuts, vegetables and berries you could lose a lot of weight with this diet. I lost 20 pounds in a few months but I have kept it up for about two years now because I feel so much better when I eat like this, and I've slowly lost an additional 10 pounds without even trying!

If you want any more info just ask, I could talk about the science of dieting and nutrition all day long!

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to this query. Different people have different motivations and what may be a good method for one may not be so for another. If you really want to lose weight fast, however, remember this formula (nutritionists recommend it): 70% diet + 30% exercise = 100% weight reduction. As to how much weight will be reduced, only your efforts and determination can tell. Prioritize a balanced diet and consult with a nutritionist when necessary. Follow this with constant workout (but that doesn't mean you have to tire yourself the whole day through).

angelicagapit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
I'm actually a certified wellness coach and I coach people on proper nutrition. The truth is, in order to live a healthier lifestyle, it's 80% nutrition, 20% exercise. Basically, you can't out-exercise a bad diet.

I can just leave you a few tips. Avoid pork and beef. Eat leaner meats such as chicken or fish. It has lesser fat and it can help you build leaner muscle mass. Muscle burns fat, so always aim to increase muscle by getting good sources of protein, such as tuna or turkey.

Never skip meals because you won't be losing your fat, you'll be losing your muscle.

Basically take in a lot of protein during your day, do not cut carbs, and drink 3 - 4 liters of water daily. Guaranteed you will lose weight.

RomanAnthonysMama

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I lost over 100 lbs by calorie counting. At first, I ate about 1600 calories per day, and when choosing the right foods, that is actually a lot of eating! I then upped it to about 1850 and still lost weight. It took me about a year to get it off, and I have maintained for over 5 years. Now I eat 2140 to maintain, and when I work out, depending on how vigorous the workout is, I can eat up to 2600.

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've done keto and it's alright but after reaching a plateau I decided to get off of it. Instead I cut down on sugar, minimized salt intake, switched to drinking water all the time and walked a lot. When I get hungry I only eat a little bit and wait 20 minutes to see if I'm still hungry before eating a little again. I've personally learned that eating until hunger stops is the best way to control myself rather than try to count calories.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back