What supplements are you taking?

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
Our diets are not improving with all of these convenience foods being produced and fast food getting tastier. I take a multivitamin tablet to ensure I don't miss out on something I need, and also flax seed oil for some extra omega.

For workout supplements I normally use whey protein but am starting to shift to all in one products. What are you taking?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
I take supplements to take weight and i prefer protein and protein acids that ease the process of absorbing proteins. Then, i try to stay with natural food and make exercises to stay healthy!

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I havent been taking any...I should though..as you say you may not be getting everything you need

asereht1970

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Right now I am taking grapeseed extract which is a powerful antioxidant and anti-aging supplement that lowers blood pressure and cholesterol and protects the heart. I also taking gluthatione capsules every night.

Ash1280

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I was taking vitamin E and Garlic tablets.
I will admit One A Day for men and sneak a little Flinstones vitamins(regular not chewable).
I stopped all together.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
Some psychiatrists say that taking Vitamin E everyday is good if you're on psychiatric medications that make your hands tremor, which is a common side effect of psychiatric meds.

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I eat fairly balanced, but my blood test showed that I am chronically low on Vitamin D which is not unusual for my climate. I took a prescription for a while and now I take 2000 mg a day on days that my skin does not get at least 15 minutes of direct sun contact. I will also take a B supplement and a multi if I am feeling very run down.

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I take a women's senior multivitamin. Why the senior version at 32 years old? I'm not pregnant or planning to become pregnant so I don't need additional folic acid. BUT my bones and joints aren't in the greatest shape due to early onset osteo-issues. The senior version has additional glucosamine and other supplements for healthy bones and joints that the regular women's multivitamin doesn't have.

I also take garcinia cambogia, which is supposed to increase serotonin production. I don't know if it really helps or if it's psychosomatic BUT I don't actually care. Since I started taking it a year ago, I have had fewer mood swings and zero episodes of depression.

I take additional vitamin C and B-complex sublingual drops if I think I'm getting sick but that happens pretty rarely.

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
Although I eat an extremely healthy well balanced diet containing only totally natural foods - made from scratch with additive and preservative free all natural ingredients - the majority of which I grow myself - I do also take a variety of natural vitamins and minerals or rather food supplements as they are now called and have done so for the majority of my life - mainly because its necessary for me to take them in order to ensure that my diet is nutritionally complete - due to the fact I'm extremely restricted in terms of what I can eat due to various health issues.

As I too would agree that a large proportion of the population these days tends to eat a diet mainly made up of overly processed convenience foods and not that many people actually eat a varied healthy well balanced diet consisting of natural nutrient rich foods and the majority of " fresh " produce sold in the stores - is covered is chemicals and pesticides and is far from fresh and normally too old to actually contain any nutrients - I have to say that I think that everyone's health would benefit from taking at least a good quality multivitamin on a daily basis :)

Mystic

OTz's Typo Scouser
Reaction score
Tokenz
117.19z
Morning= D, K, zinc, q10, berberine, omega3, B1, B6, B12, A.

Night = magnesium citrate, enzyme and probiotic. And if I'm feeling stress = either L-theanine or ashwagandha. If I've eaten too much starchy food before bed = apple cider vinegar (pill form).

magnus2022

Reaction score
Tokenz
435.62z
I don't take any supplements. Am sound and healthy. I avoid multivitamins because they use to make me hungry especially multivitamin that contain iron. I do exercise daily and eat balanced diet, I think that is what I need most now.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
I have to add that i don't take all this all the time and not all together lol ..... at the moment i stopped most ...
but i always take Vitamin D and Calcium... With Vitamin D Deficiency i need this it used to be very bad but with the years got better
but another reason i do take this two always is because of Osteopenia.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back