What movies/shows from your childhood do you still enjoy?

Users who are viewing this thread

primalclaws1974

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
There are numerous movies that I can still feel nostalgia for when I watch them at forty. This is a short list:

1) The Wizard of Oz

2) Any "Peanuts" cartoons/movies

3) The Christmas Story

4) E.T.

5) The Original Star Wars movies

6) Any classic Christmas cartoons/animations, such as Frosty, Rudolph, The Grinch, and others.

What movies and shows do you still watch?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Lucas

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Home Alone and Home Alone 2 :D There are a lot good movies from my childhood which I still enjoy, but it would be a really, REALLY long post if I could add them all. These two movies which I wrote at the beginning of the post are one of the most popular in our country, especially on Christmas time. I remember that people were even signing a petition when one of our TV has stopped to transmit these movies at Christmas.

juliaintheclouds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
One movie that I have watched again and again is Labyrinth with David Bowie. It's one of the first movies we got with our very first VCR, we didn't have cable at the time so we watched it incessantly. I think I can recite every line of dialogue along with the characters.

jartist

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I love cheesy old horror movies with stars like Peter Cushing and Vincent Price. I also still love Humphrey Bogart movies like The Maltese Falcon, The African Queen, and Casablanca. Westerns, especially John Wayne ones are also on the list. I agree about Labyrinth being awesome, even now, but I can't honestly say it is from my childhood :p

Not only did we not have cable when I was a child, but we only got about 3 channels and my parents were very against just sitting in front of the TV, so I really don't have too many memories of watching television from then. My father enjoyed Gunsmoke. The whole family watched Batman, which I have to admit I find hilarious to watch now. The really big TV memory I have is going to a friend's house after school to watch Dark Shadows with several other friends, because many of our parents wouldn't let us watch it at home.

MisterRay97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I still enjoy The Lion King movies. All of the Lion King movies were amazing! I also like to occasionally have a look at Tom and Jerry and Courage The Cowardly Dog as well. No new movie or TV show can beat these classics, in my opinion.

primalclaws1974

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Julian, I did watch "The Labyrinth" as a kid, but I didn't have the appreciation for David Bowie I know have. In the last year I have become a huge fan. I keep learning more and more about songs he originally sung that I thought were other people. It also amazes me the depth of his influence in so many aspects of entertainment. The man truly is a living legend.

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
There are several movies from my childhood that I would still sit down to watch. For example any Shirley Temple move would grab my attention. However, there are a couple of movies from my childhood that are near and dear to my heart, because they remind me of happier times. These films are Born Free and The Wizard of Oz. This are two films that when I watch them to this day I can't help but get nostalgic.

primalclaws1974

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Horror movies I enjoyed as a kid were "Jaws", "Friday the 13th", "Nightmare on Elm Street", "Hellraiser" and "Child's Play" to name a few. I also liked the "Police Academy" series and "Wayne's World" when I was a teen. The older I get the less I like horror, and event to an extent, comedy. I guess old age makes me boring!

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back