What is trending now?

Users who are viewing this thread

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
Fashion changes from year to year. More for women than men unless you are really hip and trendy. What type of fashion is 'in' right now and you going to follow it?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

amy005

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't really follow the trends unless it is something that I like and that looks good on me. The peplum look was in for a while and I thought I liked it at first but realized it wasn't really that flattering on me so I decided not to follow that trend. Another one is skinny jeans or" jeggings". I don't think they are flattering on most people including myself so that is another one I didn't follow.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I usually just wear jeans and a sweater, or in the summer, plain, short-sleeved shirts. Nothing fancy, nothing hip.

Half the time when a new trend in fashion occurs, I don't even notice it.

macnlee

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Right now on campus Military Green jackets are a big thing for girls. I do have one, and love it, but I didn't buy it because it was "in". I just liked the color and it was on sale. Denim jackets are also coming back, but they usually do around spring time. I've had one for a while and wear it often, so I guess when it's in, I'll be considered to "follow" the trend.

Uggs are also really big on this campus, but I don't like them, so I'm not going to follow that trend at all.

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
We have the denim jacket thing in Melbourne as well. We are also starting to see a lot more play suits. And two very different trends of pastels (and florals) and then those with the bold lines and statement pieces. Melbourne is huge on fashion and art and food. I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I have seen Uggs everywhere too, but what I did find a little strange is when I saw a guy wearing ugg boots! Although they do make boots for men, due to the large number women wearing them, especially in the light brown colour it seems to be too feminine for guys to wear. Maybe it is ok - but I definitely wouldn't wear them!

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
Ugg boots are meant to be worn at home. I don't think they are outside footwear. It is like those dreadful people who wear their pajamas in public.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Ugg boots are meant to be worn at home. I don't think they are outside footwear. It is like those dreadful people who wear their pajamas in public.

There are starting to do that here...pjs in public.
I will get the mail or take out the trash in my pjs...then I try not to get caught lol
But I do not leave home in my pjs

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
There are starting to do that here...pjs in public.
I will get the mail or take out the trash in my pjs...then I try not to get caught lol
But I do not leave home in my pjs
There is nothing wrong with being on your own property. I parade around in my pajamas as soon as I get home from work.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
There is nothing wrong with being on your own property. I parade around in my pajamas as soon as I get home from work.

The mailbox is at the end of the lane hundreds of feet away..I am on top of a hill ..the main road is flat then goes down a hill on one side just far enough away where you cant hear cars..going the other way its not to far at all.
I can get caught in my pjs when traffic comes up and over the hill and I am hundreds of feet from home lol.
If I am taking the trash down I can just hold the can in front of me when a vehicle goes down the road...but checking the mail can get you busted on the side of the highway in your pjs lol

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z

I don't think all Ugg's shouldn't be worn outside. Some of them look really cute with a pair of jeans. Not meant for nasty weather though. And there are some that look like slippers.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back