Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,029.42z
Tokenz_logo.png
Since I took ownership of the forum I have been debating with my self whether the Tokenz should be re-enabled or not on the forums. There are several benefits which could be on both side of adding them in or not. However, ultimately I have decided to put them back in as a more incentive to help post around the forum.

The only down side in which users may be upset about is the fact that you are now starting off with 0 tokenz. Like I have stated in a previous post, I do not have the previous database that the forum used back when it was on vBulletin. Therefore, I am unable to determine how many tokenz each user had. With that said, being reset may be better in its own way.

One of the main reasons I have decided to put the tokenz back in place is to get a currency on the forum that will allow me to set up a store/shop to allow users to get custom user titles, extra benefits etc. Along with that, there are certain events which took place on the forums previously which I would be glad to know can take place again such as the Valentines Day Bidding Wars.

In my attempts to help re create activity on the forum, I'm hoping that the currency can help serve as an incentive to post around. Not to mention the bragging rights on being on the top of the Statistics Page ;)

Now with the official announcement posted, you can head over to the help section of the forum to read on how you can earn and spend your tokenz!
http://www.offtopicz.net/help/tokenz

Again, like all features and announcements, I am always open to comments and suggestions. Please, if you also have any ideas on more ways you can earn or spend the tokenz, let me know!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Debating with yourself will make you go blind

Appreciate the efforts J

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,029.42z

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Okay that's good I guess.
Cant hurt is how I see it..I doubt I will ever obtain several million tokenz again ...I hope prices are cheap lol.
I only made one purchase with my tokenz in the past..I think I spent 40k for that purchase..I made some donations to,I had so much coin it was kind of a waste now that I think about it.

jassilem

Peek-a-Boo
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Cant hurt is how I see it..I doubt I will ever obtain several million tokenz again ...I hope prices are cheap lol.
I only made one purchase with my tokenz in the past..I think I spent 40k for that purchase..I made some donations to,I had so much coin it was kind of a waste now that I think about it.

I gave away so many over the years that what I actually had in the bank looked like a small number. Oh well.

Mine were all from another life it seems... when I think about it in the end.

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
It never mattered to me either. What exactly can you buy with Tokenz anyway? I don't see anything in the link you posted.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,029.42z
It never mattered to me either. What exactly can you buy with Tokenz anyway? I don't see anything in the link you posted.
At the moment very little xD Right now it costs $10 to start a conversation. Other than that, The store located here: http://www.offtopicz.net/store/ only offers two products.
Change User Title - The ability to set your own custom title that displays under your username.
Change User Name - The ability to change your username once bought.

Each product only lasts for one day. So let me explain how that is. If you buy the product, you have that product for that entire day. Meaning if you change your username to something you don't like you can set it back to your original username or change it to something else. However, once that one day is up, the product will be removed from your account and you will be stuck with that username until you buy it again.

I know some people get confused with the "1 day" with they only have that changed user name or title for that one day. Which is not the case. You have the product for that entire day which allows you to make the change.

In the future I am looking to add more items to the shop, but it requires to either code custom addons, or wait for more support from the developer to add more features. Which also costs more money ;) I already bought a feature that I will add to the store that will also allow you to change the look of your title. (Colour, boldness, italic, etc). That will be installed shortly.

I also took a look at the archived posts here at OTz to see what you have been able to purchase in the past. There was honestly not much. At least not from what I seen in that particular post.

If anyone has any ideas on what can be added to the store let me know. If it is not an addon that already exists for me to install in the store, I can more than likely have it created, either by me or the developer. :D

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
So if you don't have any Tokenz/money you can't send a PM to someone?

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,029.42z
That's expensive at the current pay scale.
Ya, I was not exactly sure what prices will be like yet. At the moment things are not set in stone. So if anyone has any suggestions, like the first posts says I'm open to opinions and suggestions.

Looking at the old archives, in the previous set up you gained 2 Tokenz per reply made. However, I'm also trying to build an economy and so far the average post is earning the user more then 2 Tokenz. Some posts are getting people 4-6 Tokenz. The set value per post may only set to 1 token, but you get more tokens with the more words that are in your post. Which means, I'm also looking for quality over quantity. There are also a few spam measures in place as well though.

jassilem

Peek-a-Boo
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well when we repped people in the old system we would get 100 tokenz too. We earned a lot more than we are getting now. The amount we spent on pms was 5 tokenz. We are getting dollars in this system. posts should be worth something like .50 cents then a sliding scale for the amount you post.. Starting a thread used to be worth more as well. From my memory..

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,029.42z
Well when we repped people in the old system we would get 100 tokenz too. We earned a lot more than we are getting now. The amount we spent on pms was 5 tokenz.
You have to forgive me as the original Tokenz thread in which described how you can earn Tokenz did not include every way Tokenz can be awarded. Only gave a short list which I tried to follow closely.

Like I have previously stated, I like to hear opinions and suggestions. I want the Tokenz to work out for everyone so I made a slight few changes to it. I've updated the Tokenz page to reflect the new earnings. The changes are not that drastic, but it is still some improvements.
List of changes:
- Sending a PM now cost 5 Tokenz. (Down from 10)
- Receiving a like on any of your posts earns you 0.2 Tokenz (1 Tokenz every 5 likes | up from 0.05 Tokenz which resulted in 5 Tokenz for every 100 likes)
Creating a thread now earns you 4 Tokenz (Up from 2)
Posting a reply now earns you 2 Tokenz (Up from 1)

List of added events:
- Liking another's post will earn you 0.1 Tokenz (1 per 10 post liked)
- Getting a reply in a thread you created grants you 0.01 Tokenz. (1 per 100 replies)
- Creating a poll earns you 5 Tokenz
- Voting in a poll earns you 2 Tokenz
- Getting a vote in a poll you created earns you 1 Tokenz (So if 7 people voted in a pole you created you get 7 extra Tokens)

So along with earning potential being doubled, there have been several more ways added for you to earn even more Tokenz. More ways will also be added as well in the future once a base for the currency has been settled.

posts should be worth something like .50 cents then a sliding scale for the amount you post..
Yes, also don't forget that threads and post also give you more Tokenz depending on the amount you post.
Edit: An example of that would be as appose to only the 2 Tokenz I should have got for making a post I got 7.73 Tokenz because of the length of this post.

Also, Don't forget to check out the Tokenz page to see the entire list of ways to earn and spend your Tokenz.

We earned a lot more than we are getting now.
As I do understand this statement, you also have to realize the cost of buying special items are also incredibly cheaper. At least from what I am aware of.
Buying a custom title that stayed costed you 10,000 Tokenz compared to right now, it only costs 2,000 Tokenz.

Also from what I am aware of, purchasing was not automatic. The admins of the board had to keep tabs of who bought what at what times and when they had to remove them etc. The store makes this much easier to do and requires no middle man. however, all transactions and logs and such are still viewable for me in the backend.

We are getting dollars in this system. posts should be worth something like .50 cents then a sliding scale for the amount you post.. Starting a thread used to be worth more as well. From my memory..
The Dollar symbol ($) was in place you are correct. However, this does not mean the Tokenz currency are being compared to USD. With that said, to avoid any confusion the $ symbol has been removed anywhere that displays the amount of Tokenz you have / can earn / can spend.

If there was a way for me to create a unique symbol for Tokenz to display instead of the dollar sign I would have done that from the start. Nonetheless, I hope that clears up some confusion. Perhaps in the future the system will change to use USD format where as 1 token could be the value of $1 USD. However, as it stands that is not the case. If you or anyone else feels this might be the better approach to use the Tokenz system I will certainly make it happen.

If you have any more questions or suggestions please let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
78,865Threads
2,185,202Messages
4,953Members
Back