Survivor Pool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Jezzebelle

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Like we don't have enough football pools, right?

This type is my favorite, and always our biggest hit at the bar. It's easy, fun, and anyone can play!

All you have to do is pick ONE, just one, team to win each week. No points, no spreads, just win (no tie!). Keep winning each week to survive, lose and you're out.

Only catch is that you can only pick each team once. Once you've picked them, you can't choose them again for the rest of the season. That means you may want to look ahead in the schedule to see who plays who... or just play it week by week!

Sounds easy, but we hardly ever make it past week 12 without having our winner :)

You have to play every week, and start with this week... and the cost is 10k tokens for the entire season to play (or until you're out). Winner takes all.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Jezzebelle

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
You may PM your picks by Saturday night for Sunday games, or by noon the day of a special day game (for example if you want to take the Giants this week, PM me by Wed at noon... otherwise you have till Saturday to pick). You may also post your picks in this thread if you don't care about people knowing who you have picked.

I will keep a spreadsheet as to make sure that no one picks the same team twice, and who goes out when. To keep people's picks secret, every Sunday morning I will post something like this:

5 people taking the Seahawks today, 4 people taking Green Bay, 1 person taking New Orleans.
Then Tuesday, I will update how many people have survived through the weekend and how many are still left!

Out of fairness, my own picks will always be public and I will post them each week :)

Let me know if you have any questions, and feel free to send me a pick through PM or posting, and then send me the tokens whenever you can! :)

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
We do this one too. I need a Frikkin trapper keeper for my football pools this year!!! I'll PM ya my pick soon :ninja

Jezzebelle

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
You can if you want to... I played the Euro pool a couple months ago with Springsteen and won :) you don't have to be a football expert to win, that's why its fun and easy :)

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Is there anywhere that we could get a list of games for the week? I know that this weeks are in PJ's thread, but for subsequent weeks?

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back