Strange Food Combinations

Users who are viewing this thread

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
I like to experiment with my food. I cannot understand those people that are boring with their food, but whatever. It is their taste buds so.. lol. But I love to mix my foods together. I have been doing it for such a long time that the things that I mix are regular meals and snacks to me.

I like to eat apples that are sprinkled with salt.
I love banana on toast with butter on it.
I love me some tune, mayo, and hot sauce on crackers.
I like strawberries and cream cheese on bread.
Cheese and banana is also delicious if you buy the right cheese.

I have been told that these food combinations are strange.

Do you eat strange combinations of food?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Sarah676

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Okay, I highly recommend you all go and make yourself a sweet pickle and peanut butter bagel immediately. What I do is I get a bagel (plain or everything is best), toast it, spread it with smooth peanut butter, then top it with some sweet pickles (WHATEVER YOU DO DON'T USE DILL PICKLES). Heaven for your taste buds.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,402.55z
I will have to pass on the pickles & peanut butter. Peanut butter & banana is good. I like gravy on sweet potatoes.

brezzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.41z
I like to experiment with my food. I cannot understand those people that are boring with their food, but whatever. It is their taste buds so.. lol. But I love to mix my foods together. I have been doing it for such a long time that the things that I mix are regular meals and snacks to me.

I like to eat apples that are sprinkled with salt.
I love banana on toast with butter on it.
I love me some tune, mayo, and hot sauce on crackers.
I like strawberries and cream cheese on bread.
Cheese and banana is also delicious if you buy the right cheese.

I have been told that these food combinations are strange.

Do you eat strange combinations of food?

I have the strange of strange combinatios too :)
Like you I eat almost all fruits, except the banana, with salt.
I love babana however while sipping coffee.
I eat chocolate with wine but not with cheese.
When I eat fries I used to dip it in an ice cream.

JoanMcWench

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Topping something sweet with something salty (like fruit) has been going on a long time in Mexico & other areas I am sure. They also have a shake that adds heat and salt but I never remember what it's called.

I find myself trying to figure out a way to include cheese into every aspect of a meal. From drink to dessert. I just think that it is an unhealthy obsession with cheese. Also, I remember the seasoning:
images

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I sometimes eat two kinds of soups at the same time (in different bowls, however).

For example, when I go out to eat at all-you-can-eat buffets, I'll eat a bowl of tomato soup and another bowl of cream of broccoli soup at the same time.

And to be honest, I love doing so!

Catavenger

Still a newbie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
When I was a kid I craved lemons covered with salt. I out grew it I guess except now that I am thinking of it I kind of crave it again.

Corned beef hash , eggs, onions , green salsa, red, bell pepper & refried beans wrapped in a warm flour tortilla is good

teh_fuzz

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Tokenz
124.51z
beans and ketchup!
Eggs and ketchup!
Poprkchops, chicken or steak with lime and salt!
Rice with lime and salt!

my gramma used to eat mexican rice with bannanas :barf:

my nephew eats the lime lays chips after he dips them in sodas :\

Spade

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.35z
To me it is strange because I never heard about it or thought to do it until recently, but it was fixing regular oatmeal but stirring in jam after it was fixed. I understand fruit + oatmeal is a normal thing, but for some reason it never occurred to me before that the fruit didn't have to be whole, and that it could be in a very spreadable form. It turned out rather nice and i believe I found a means of regularly consuming oatmeal. I also like to brew black tea in with coffee whenever I decide to drink coffee. I honestly don't understand why it is I do this. I just got in the habit of mixing them together. Which isn't exactly food, but is kind of close enough.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back