Star Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

alsarcastic

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I may be 37, but that doesn't stop me having massive nerdgasms about the new Star Wars movie due out at Christmas this year:

Trailer:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've seen the original trilogy more times than I care to remember. I've seen the prequel trilogy enough times to despise Jar Jar Binks. This new trilogy is my Most Wanted movie release this year.

Please tell me I am not alone in desperately pleading with the Gods to not let Disney screw this up.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Creaky

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Really hop this is better than the prequels, actually looking forward to the new films. I'm also older than you are.

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Disney has no interest in messing it up because a) they want money b) their best interest is to make it a success so they can create merchandise and keep making money. It's a mega corporation that owns ESPN and Marvel so they know how to separate Disney out of the equation in order to make a profit. Lucas ran the franchise to the ground with the prequels because he had complete control over the film making process. The originals had a ton of input from other producers, editors and even actors who fought with him against a lot of ideas.

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
Oh yes poor Jar Jar Binx. For many he was the jump the shark moment in Star Wars, well others would say the Ewoks. Personally I didn't mind Jar Jar too much yes he did have a bit of an annoying voice but there were other things about the prequel's that bothered me more. For one thing some of the lack of continuity, for example Obi Wan telling Luke that his Uncle was oppose to Anakin becoming a Jedi Knight. According to the prequel Luke's Uncle didn't appear till after Anakin had joined the Jedi forces. Now maybe this could be argued that Obi Wan said this to cover up the actual truth from Luke because he didn't know it was the right time to tell him, but this just didn't seem to ring true with me. Also, why did C3PO not remember Obi Wan or Anakin for that matter, yes again it could be argued that his memory banks of that time were erased but this was never mentioned in the script at any time. Also, Obi Wan told Luke his father was a Jedi Master, that never happened according to the prequels. I know maybe I am splitting hairs but I just feel some continuity wasn't kept in these prequels.

As for the new movie, well they have done their best to bring back original cast members for it. I think that's a good sign that they want to do this right. At least I hope it is.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back