Users who are viewing this thread

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
So I just purchased the Sony Xperia Z2!
Now normally I do get the Samsung Galaxy phones. However, was time for an upgrade and this phone really caught my eye.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Feature Highlights:

• 4K video with a 20.7 MP camera
  • High resolution 5.2" Full HD display with Live Colour LED
  • Highly durable, dust resistant and waterproof
  • Access to Canada's largest LTE network
  • Watch over 40 live and on demand channels with the Bell TV app
  • Dual stereo speakers with Digital Noise Cancellation for superior sound
The two big selling points for me was the camera and it's waterproof. I take a lot of photos with my phones and this is the best camera on a smart phone that is on the market at the moment.
Then, the waterproof is just an added bonus considering my job is mostly me working in streams and rivers.

Extra Features:

Network compatibility: LTE
Maximum download speed: Up to 150 Mbps
CPU: 2.3 GHz quad-core processor
RAM: 3 GB
Internal memory: 16 GB
Expandable memory: Up to 128 GB
Talk time: Up to 19 hours
Standby time: Up to 7 days

Had it shipped to me and it just came in the other day :D

Phone has been great so far. Loving the features and smoothness of it. Not to mention the quality of the camera.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I wish mine was water proof

I am going to buy a waterproof case

Last edited by a moderator:

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
one of the best cameras on the market
Is* the best camera on the market ;)
At least that is on a smartphone atm.

My only problem with this phone though is the size :p It is kinda big and can be awkward to hold. However, I love the screen size at the same time though as well. It is like an inner conflict with my self xD

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I am curious about what makes the camera the best on phone in the market
I have seen others with higher megapixel
example the Nokia Lumia 1020

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
So now that you have had it for a bit, what is your take on it? Heard they were gonna announce the Z3 and the Z3 compact on 9/3/14 around the same time as Samsung is doing the Note 4.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
Well figured I would try tapatalk on here. Still prefer the mobile version on the browser.

Anyhow, the phone has been fantastic! No issues so far and has been extremely fast. I have yet to still customize it a lot though got to get on that lol.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
Its easy to get hooked on screen size..your next one will even be bigger
Oh man.
This phone was already a bit big xD I think this just might be the biggest I would get.
Anything bigger will just be to awkward and uncomfortable.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Oh man.
This phone was already a bit big xD I think this just might be the biggest I would get.
Anything bigger will just be to awkward and uncomfortable.
Thats what I used to think...now screen size by me is determined by size of front pocket...when the mega 2 hits the market...supposed to be a 7 inch..if it will fit in my pocket its on lol..but I think it will be to big though for my jean pockets

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
Thats what I used to think...now screen size by me is determined by size of front pocket...when the mega 2 hits the market...supposed to be a 7 inch..if it will fit in my pocket its on lol..but I think it will be to big though for my jean pockets
A see, 7 inch is the size of a tablet. That is just way to uncomfortable for me to even talk on xD

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
A see, 7 inch is the size of a tablet. That is just way to uncomfortable for me to even talk on xD
My problem with a 7 would be the portability..I would be able to get it up to my ear easy enough..If it will be anything like this 6.3 there is very little phone outside of the screen area which helps keep the size down though...My main concern is breakage as larger phones break so much easier than the smaller ones.
At one time I liked smaller phones...but I am not actually talking on the phone near as much I am on it for everything else so made the move up to larger..I weighed the inconvenience{portability} of it being large verses the convenience of it being large for surfing and navigator use games and what not.
Dont get me wrong..it sucks having to dig it out of your pocket going down the highway as you have to straighten out your leg as if you were standing..it can be done but is a lot of effort..Its more difficult to find a handy place to set it the vehicle as well.
Also one handed operation is pretty much out of the question

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
This brand new phone I was telling you all about? Well take a look at it now:
10590538_10152271251076428_8311545489270318063_n-1600x700_1.jpg

http://www.jordanh.ca/fun-fact-friday-im-clumsy/

was getting into the truck to go pick up a printer I ordered. As I got into the truck, just as I was closing the door the phone fell out of my pocket and just as the door closed the phone went in-between the door and the truck.

I am normally very good with phones. My previous one lasted me for 5 years without a single crack or scratch on the screen. (no case OR screen protector!) I went to the store and just purchased another one though. (Same one) Damn, these phones are starting to get deep into my pockets!

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,060.46z
Did you have a back up or have to install everything from scratch?
Contacts and such are backed up. But any photos I did not put on my computer where lost. (The phone has an autoback up system, but I was dumb and did not enable it xD) Had to reinstall apps and such as well.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back