Smite

Users who are viewing this thread

azrmacc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Anyone heard about this? It's a MOBA game, yes just like LoL, but it's also different in a lot of ways. First off, the controls are like you're playing a MMORPG - WASD and a little bit of mouse here and there. Also, the characters are the gods we know from ancient mythology. They range from Roman gods to even Mayan ones. So yeah. I really love it.

You guys should check it out!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

azrmacc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well, it's not bird's eye view, which is what made me like it more. You see the back of your character instead. I think it also makes the game a bit harder as you actually have blind spots unless you have every corner warded or something.

Shole

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
This is the best moba out there, I mean its gods+ 3rd person view plus a lot of fun. I didn't enjoy lol or any other MOBA but SMITE is the best game of this kind I ever played. If you want you can add me, I am on the EU server, username Solkotovic.

azrmacc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This is the best moba out there, I mean its gods+ 3rd person view plus a lot of fun. I didn't enjoy lol or any other MOBA but SMITE is the best game of this kind I ever played. If you want you can add me, I am on the EU server, username Solkotovic.

When I start playing again I'll add you. I mainly play on the US servers though, although it's not really hard to switch back and forth.

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I've been looking into this recently, I may have to give a shot. Can you explain it some more in depth? I've played all MMOBAs out there so far, such as Dota, Dota 2, LOL, HON, and some other korean knockoffs. Can you tell me why it's considered fun? Same styles? Lanes? Jungles? Alternate paths?

azrmacc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've been looking into this recently, I may have to give a shot. Can you explain it some more in depth? I've played all MMOBAs out there so far, such as Dota, Dota 2, LOL, HON, and some other korean knockoffs. Can you tell me why it's considered fun? Same styles? Lanes? Jungles? Alternate paths?

You should try it, or you could always look at videos or streams beforehand to get a sort of feel for it. I personally found it fun because it reminded me of a MMORPG based on its controls and view. Unlike LoL and Dota, it's WASD to move, not click everywhere - which is what I was used to. Also, because you see the back of your character instead of getting an aerial view like the other mentioned games, there will always be suspense. You'd always have blind spots (literally) unless you're heavily warded or something. It's fun though as sometimes you get to use your other senses for this. I'd be farming in a lane and then suddenly I hear a skill being cast somewhere out of my view like water splashing - woops, must be an enemy Poseidon behind me, better make a run for it!

There's different game modes. There's always the typical 3 lane map, which I think they are changing right now in terms of how it looks (I've recently seen screenshots of its new look being tested on the PTS). There's the jungle, which I think is a bit more complicated than LoL's since.. well there really is a wall and lots of trees in front of you and stuff. They have the same stuff in terms of this - carry, support, jungle etc.. The difference is in the heroes. Smite, as we all know, uses gods and goddesses from ancient mythology that we know (it makes me feel good that after my Aphrodite says "for love" I know someone will die :p). There have been a lot of "similarities" with LoL champs like skills or something but then, they just based the looks and skills on what their lores say about them.

Okay, back to the other game modes. There's the 1v1 game mode (one lane obviously, but with mini jungle and buffs), and the 3v3 which is the same as the former, the difference is just here, you guys are 3 against 3. There's a game mode where you get a god randomly and you all try to destroy each other's bases, one lane as well. I really hate this one, since most of the time I get one which I have no idea how to use. There's also something like securing bases, you have to be standing on that base for a while before it "belongs" to you, and even if it does already, it can still be stolen.

That's all I remember for now since I haven't played a while and am not sure if more things have been added. I know there's also a tournament going on right now, and they've been generous on stuff lately.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back