Sitting Ducks.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Guyzerr

Banned
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
.... and stuff. I like 'em.

I haven't ID'd this one yet but I like the color of the water. The red is a reflection of a row of bushes on the shore directly behind the duck.

a9f4949c.png

I'm not 100% sure what this one is but according to my research it could be a Long Island Duck aka Pekin Duck. I love the absolute whiteness of the bird, it's bright orange beak and the water surrounding it. I also like the way the tail feathers curl up.

b22ecafb.png

This is called a Northern Shoveler. Note it's beak.

e3691ca4.png

Northern Pintail.... an absolutely gorgeous bird.

5316c96a.png

Just a Mallard Duck after it landed. I like the water effects.
5a011d04.png

Buffelhead............ cute little bugger ain't he.

348de708.png

Ya I know.... another Great Blue Heron.... but I like 'em.

544ed4c6.png

Thanks for looking.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
i like herons too...and shovellers make me smile because the rear end is always stuck up in the air when feeding

Guyzerr

Banned
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i like herons too...and shovellers make me smile because the rear end is always stuck up in the air when feeding
You must be thinking of a different duck because this is the way I've always observed them eating. They skim just under the surface. I could be wrong though.

9adcf124.png

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,011.28z
I'm not 100% sure what this one is but according to my research it could be a Long Island Duck aka Pekin Duck. I love the absolute whiteness of the bird, it's bright orange beak and the water surrounding it. I also like the way the tail feathers curl up.

b22ecafb.png
:eek Awesome!! :clap

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back