Seasonal snack

Users who are viewing this thread

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,463.55z
This time of year my wife will make up a jar with dry roasted peanuts & candy corn. Eating several pieces together taste just like a payday candy bar.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
was never a fan of either one... Candy apples are more prevalent up here.

They are big at end of summer fairs.. We just had ours and when candy / caramel apples are fresh with good apples they are great..

I have per-wrapped ones that sucked..

They used to be big at Halloween but you can imagine why they are no longer a big item unless you are at a family or friends party you can trust..

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
They are big at end of summer fairs.. We just had ours and when candy / caramel apples are fresh with good apples they are great..

I have per-wrapped ones that sucked..

They used to be big at Halloween but you can imagine why they are no longer a big item unless you are at a family or friends party you can trust..

Yea they sell them at Walmart. Like chocolate turtle covered ones.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,448.70z
Mmmmm, caramal apples...covered in peanuts. Nomz!!! Unless I can find sugar-free caramel, I won't be having any at the fair this year. Boo!!!

I'm a pumpkin fanatic, so I'm sure I'll come up w/ some kind of pumpkiny snack for Fall time.

Sneakiecat

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My grandmother always makes roasted pumpkin seeds. I'm not sure what she seasons them with but they're amazing. I make pumpkin bread this time of the year.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,448.70z
My grandmother always makes roasted pumpkin seeds. I'm not sure what she seasons them with but they're amazing. I make pumpkin bread this time of the year.

Mmmm, I roast pumpking seeds w/ soy sauce, garlic, and butter. They're yummy!!! I do the same thing w/ my spaghetti squash seeds, too.

I'm going to have to find a pumpkin bread recipe that will work on Southbeach.

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't like candy corn per se, but mixed with salted nuts they might cut the sweetness just enuf. I aint knocking it til I try it ;)

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z

Yup, roasted pumpkin seeds where great right at Halloween when we emptied out the pumpkins and slow roasted them with a slight sprinkle of both salt and sugar.

pinkporridge

V.I.Pinkporridge
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Normally my father makes toffee and toffee apples around bonfire night (5th of november). I love toffee apples! Soo messy!

78,866Threads
2,185,227Messages
4,953Members
Back