Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
Got to admit, I'm scratching my head as well.

Better have a trailer LOL I'm still amazed how much "brush" can come from one tree and how many trailer loads it takes to haul one.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
They hauled off 5 trailer loads. Two pine trees had multiple trunks and put down a ton of straw and were leaning. The two big Hackberry trees were sapping all over everything and ruining my cars & driveway. All were close enough to fall on my house. i still have trees.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
My wife and I spent Wednesday and Thursday evening working on the mess. I worked a while Friday evening and we both worked several hours on Saturday and Sunday trying to level and landscape the area where the trees were. A neighbor came over for a little while Saturday with a "Bobcat" and helped a bunch. What he did in 20 minutes would have taken me hours with garden tools and a wheelbarrow. Shaping up pretty well but I need to till the area I want to grow grass in.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
anything is possible. If I can get my neighbor to disc it for me I may plant winter Rye by then.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
Well crap. my neighbor was suppose to disc a small area for me. He showed up when I was not here. He disced a huge area and unearthed a lot of roots. I have been set backwards several days more work.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,392.55z
Neighbor shows up yesterday afternoon. The sod farm was about to lose 3 pallets of sod which had been cut for a few days. They gave my neighbor the sod and he brought it to me. I asked how much and he said no charge. My wife and I were going in to town so I told him I would lay it first thing this morning. We ran our errands. When we get back he is laying the sod in the dark. I got out there and helped finish it. He had laid most of it. Watered last night and watering again now. Still wondering why he is helping me.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back