R.I.P. Terry Pratchett

Users who are viewing this thread

hoodoowytch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.30z
It has been maybe a month...possibly a little more since Sir Terry Pratchett passed from this mortal coil and left many of us with a hole that can never be filled.

I first encountered Terry's brand of humor, wisdom and sparkling intelligence via the book, "Good Omens". From there I discovered the Disc World novels and the marvelous world Terry had created that was a very clever and though provoking satire of our own world. From there I discovered the Bromeliad Trilogy, and the entire multitude of fabulous, thought provoking literary treasures he gave to the world. He made us think and look at the world in ways we never would have seen for ourselves, perhaps. He made us laugh, cry, think, question and above all, marvel at the amazing world so full of wonder we live in. I learned far more from reading this man's work than I ever learned in all my years of school.

Rest in peace Sir Terry. Thanks for all the wonder and the laughs.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I did not know this. We always lose the best writers and comedians, singers. They all lose their mortal coil and each time one does I feel down about it. Like Jordan, like Pratchett, like Carlin or Pryor - we all have to die. But it sucks whenever we lose the people we like or respect for their reputations and work.

RIP indeed.

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I also discovered Terry Prachett via "Good Omens" because I was a big Neil Gaiman fan. Then I really enjoyed the Disc World books. I will miss having new books from him to read. Unfortunately, it's the nature of mortality that the artists we enjoy will eventually no longer be around.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back