Parenting styles

Users who are viewing this thread

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,321.37z
Today's parents tend to try to reason with their children instead of saying because I said so. I find that type parenting troubling.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,017.96z
Yea, it's troublesome.

They seem to just not want to deal with the root issue. Doesn't help kids these days have a screen in their face from the moment they can interact with them.

Keight

Reaction score
Tokenz
175.38z
Oh, this one irks me!

People are scared to punish their children from fear of being labeled as a beater or bad parent. Dude I was flogged with the cord of a kettle FFS!

We were taught, children are to be seen and not heard. you are not the boss of the family until you earn the respect to be so.

I raised my boys in the same way, I was such a cow when they were little I had so many rules and if they needed a smack, they got one. I used to get teased about it constantly from my friends and peers that I was too hard on them (these were parents that never punished their children)

The difference today, i have raised two well adjust, self-sufficient, charming and courteous Men who have respect for their elders.
The others, their children are now men and women who have been in several situations of trouble and unexpected issues arising from lack of discipline and care of where they are or what they are doing.

It's easy to shove your child in front of a computer, TV or give them your phone and allow them to throw a tantrum when you take it away, its ok to take a little more time to actually raise children I mean after all the responsibilities of parents is to literally Mould a new person from scratch in the image and ideals that you have.

78,864Threads
2,185,191Messages
4,953Members
Back