Outdoor sports or gym for fitness?

Users who are viewing this thread

brezzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.41z
Since I am an outdoor one, I would definitely go for outdoor sports when it comes to fitness, plus I love sports. I find it more exciting than just by only doing stuffs or activities in the gym. Some of the sports that I love to do not only for the sake of being fit but as hobbies as well are rock climbing, soccer or football, martial arts and mountain climbing.

How about you? Which one do you give a go?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

ReadmeByAmy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I want to be physically fit by having an outdoor sport rather than going to a gym for my fitness regimen. Me and my husband hobby is mountain climbing and we do this every weekend and most people here in their country also do the same as a from of exercise. I love hiking while inhaling the early morning air which is a good source of oxygen at the same time giving me more energy and I feel good inside all the time. There is no one else can replace nature to give you the best fitness you ever want for your body.

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
no gym will fill your lungs with cold fresh air

rarely when i run outside do i get the whiff of body odour from those i run with or run past

gyms suck

DiceRider

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I have a gym set up in my front room, tramp, pilates mats, weight machine, ball, bike etc lol :D music and no one to bother me. Bliss.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I would go outdoors but UK weather sucks so it would mean only exercising 4 months per year when the weather is reasonable. For that reason i'll have to say gym, but if i lived in a warm sunny place then i would prefer the great outdoors where i can breathe in unpolluted air.

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Lately I prefer to go outdoors as I am a taekwondo practitioner. I practice my martial arts forms as a form of exercise, and at the same time a form of requirement to pass our belt tests. Being at the gym makes you feel restricted and you feel you want to move freely. Only if the weather is unmanageable (as in extremely windy, rainy, etc.) will I take the gym for fitness.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
The joys of getting exercise outside include enjoying the fresh air and hearing the birds chirp. So yes, I prefer outdoor activity better than working out in a gym.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back