One of my photos

Users who are viewing this thread

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I like taking photos at night. It's a challenge when you're using film because you don't know how the light will come out. This one was taken with film.

I think it worked out perfectly light wise :)

Most my stuff comes off as creepy. Which is fine with me, but I wonder what that says about me.

Anyone else do night photography??

100_3419.jpg

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Very nice pic. But can you resize it so old people like me can see it better?

That's what she said...:24:

And it's foggy, but there's a light in the background. I don't use flash unless...no - I just really never use flash. :)

Sometimes I take photos where the shutter has to stay open for 10 seconds which is actually kind of pointless for film since it can only go so far.

The reason why this is fuzzy is for a few reasons - 1 it was done on film and then scanned in 2 it's a copy of a file shrinked and degraded so no one will want to copy it...har har and 3 there's fog! :p

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
3,009.28z
Ooooo! That's a really cool pic! And all that more remarkable because it's on film. :clap

I love doing night photography too, though I'm not that good at it. :D

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
That's what she said...:24:

And it's foggy, but there's a light in the background. I don't use flash unless...no - I just really never use flash. :)

Sometimes I take photos where the shutter has to stay open for 10 seconds which is actually kind of pointless for film since it can only go so far.

The reason why this is fuzzy is for a few reasons - 1 it was done on film and then scanned in 2 it's a copy of a file shrinked and degraded so no one will want to copy it...har har and 3 there's fog! :p
Ok note to self dont actually show interest in her threads. It was an honest question.

Siphorous

Anticipation
Reaction score
Tokenz
199.13z
Ooooo! That's a really cool pic! And all that more remarkable because it's on film. :clap

I love doing night photography too, though I'm not that good at it. :D

I concur with this. You don't get many chances at a redo on film unless using up lots of shots to try different settings so well done Janie. Mysterious looking indeed. :thumbup

pinkporridge

V.I.Pinkporridge
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
i did a whole series on painting with light! i lost it though when my hard drive got stolen. i may attempt it again!

Last edited by a moderator:

JanieDough

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I've done a few at night.

033.jpg

026.jpg

I love these two - I even had a dream about a lamp post like that in that photo... :)

i did a whole series on painting with light! i lost it though when my hard drive got stolen. i may attempt it again!

ooohhh! Sounds fun. I did painting with light with a mirror on some trees in a park - I reflected the street lights from the background to the foreground to make the trees look translucent...does that make sense?

and then I did a few to make it look like some sort of portal was coming out the tree itself.

Very cheesy hippie

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back