Once Upon A Time

Users who are viewing this thread

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
Anyone as hooked on this TV Series as I am. I guess I am just a sucker for a Fairy Tale even at my age. But this isn't your run of the mill Fairy Tale. Yes, the series is based on popular story book characters such as Snow White, the Wicked Queen and Peter Pan, but the characters aren't as you would expect them to be.

For example, Peter Pan was evil to the core, that was quite a take off from the mischievous boy in literature. Captain Hook his mortal enemy is flawed but with good reason due to his past and has it in him to love. As for the Wicked Queen or as she is named here Regina she does have an evil side, but has suffered much pain and loss which turned her to the dark side of magic. Then there is Rumplestiltskin or Mr. Gold as the show calls him, he was the dark one a great and powerful evil wizard but like Regina has his good side but is always tempted by the dark side.

Anyway, those are just a few of the characters on this show and I have been watching it since it began three seasons back. I am totally hooked on this show and can't wait for it to come back in March.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,054.46z
Ha ha, I watch a lot of movies and tv shoes while I work. This is one of them.

Seems like your not to caught up on the show though by the paragraph you provided. Mr.Gold is still as evil as ever. I'm in the middle of waiting for the show to begin again. Cant wait :(

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
Well, I know that Gold has resorted back to his old ways yes I have seen all the episodes. But I still haven't given up on the character. Call me an optimist. He does have a good side, I think he just has been so corrupt by evil that he has a hard time letting go of it. I know that he is now plotting something with Ursula, Cruella and Meleficent which can't be good. But I'm not exactly ready to give up on the character of Gold, I know he's a very popular character on this show, so the writers are going to figure out a way to keep him around. Of course it might be in a villain role but then I don't think viewers would ever want to this character to turn too nice. We like him with his edge and cunning ways.

galmal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.25z
This is one of my favorites. I love the little twists they put on the characters. Like Red actually BEING the bad wolf. And Snow being an action hero, she doesn't wait around for Charming to save her, she takes matters into her own hands and saves herself. I love the character of Regina - how she started out pure evil, but now she realizes that that's just the way she was written - that she can be good. I can't wait to see if she finds the author and can convince him (or her) to write her a happy ending.

It's funny, I started watching the Peter Pan Live at Christmas, but just couldn't finish it - I kept seeing Peter as evil and Hook being this wonderful, misunderstood romantic.

HELLOnamesdana

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
My best friend is obsessed with this show, which is a little weird since he's a guy, but that's besides the point. I watch it but I don't like it as much.

Kitty Kat

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
I absolutely adore this show, it is one of my favorites and I watch a lot of shows. I haven't missed a single episode and I'm eagerly awaiting the next season to start back up on ABC.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,054.46z
I seen it. Now I hate this waiting game to watch the next episode once a week. BAHHHHH.

It was a good one :)

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back