Monday, September 12
New England @ Miami
Oakland @ Denver

PJ... that makes four of us. :p

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I suspect Brady and Ochocinco will be a trainwreck but Miami over New England?
:humm:

Should be interesting to see how things turn out! I'm excited! :D

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I suspect Brady and Ochocinco will be a trainwreck but Miami over New England?
:humm:

Should be interesting to see how things turn out! I'm excited! :D

I'm banking on Channing Crowder or Jason Taylor breaking Brady's leg. :D

BadBoy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm banking on Channing Crowder or Jason Taylor breaking Brady's leg. :D

I guess you don't follow the team too closely since Crowder was released and then promptly retired when no one would pick him up. I'm a rabid Dolphins fan and the one thing they have going for them this first game of the season is the element of surprise. This offense isn't the same offense we're used to and the defense improved and since last season were ranked #6, you get my point. I'm excited!

pjbleek

Reaction score
Tokenz
795.15z
Brady will not get hurt...the new rule will not allow this to happen and besides he is too good looking to get hurt...

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I guess you don't follow the team too closely since Crowder was released and then promptly retired when no one would pick him up. I'm a rabid Dolphins fan and the one thing they have going for them this first game of the season is the element of surprise. This offense isn't the same offense we're used to and the defense improved and since last season were ranked #6, you get my point. I'm excited!

Shit, I said Crowder and meant Wake. Total and complete fail on my part. I think the defense is going to be much improved, especially in the LB corps... Jason Taylor back with the team is only going to help that. He may not be the same player he used to be, but in special packages he can still wreak havoc on an offense; plus his leadership is unmatched. Vontae Davis is fast becoming one of the best CBs in the country, and Tyrone Culver is a better safety than most people seem to give him credit for.

The offense still worries me some because our new OC came from Cleveland and ran much the same offense there that Dan Henning ran for us previously. I hope we move to more 4-5 wide sets, and let Reggie Bush play both out of the backfield and as a receiver. Daniel Thomas has a lot of potential as a bruising back up the middle, but he didn't really show much in camp or pre-season. I was somewhat disappointed that Polite wasn't retained by the team, because I thought he was money last year in short yardage situations. Bess is an amazing slot receiver with great hands... completely steal as an undrafted free agent a few years back, and is beginning to show signs of being better than Welker ever was for us. Henne may be coming along, but he still worries me significantly... if we bomb because of him, well at least it'll put us in position to try and draft Luck or Landry Jones... *if* one or both of them decide to declare for the draft this year. With improved QB play and less distractions off the field, Brandon Marshall will only get better. I'm also pretty high on Marlon Moore... and not just because he's a Fresno State alum either. I think he's got a lot of tools to help stretch the defense to open things up for both Marshall and Bess. I'm not sold on Hartline in the least bit though... I've never thought he was all that great to be honest. TE is a constant worry for us though... Fasano is serviceable, but nothing spectacular.

I'm expecting something like an 8-8 season out of us this year. We could be better, but we could also be a lot worse.

Panacea

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
The Wildcat is a thing of the past, now we have real running backs and wide receivers, and most importantly, an Offensive Coordinator who isn't afraid to call a real play.

That's why I did jazz hands ;)
I'm super excited to see that bullshit die, it was old when it become an NFL fad :p

BadBoy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Shit, I said Crowder and meant Wake. Total and complete fail on my part. I think the defense is going to be much improved, especially in the LB corps... Jason Taylor back with the team is only going to help that. He may not be the same player he used to be, but in special packages he can still wreak havoc on an offense; plus his leadership is unmatched. Vontae Davis is fast becoming one of the best CBs in the country, and Tyrone Culver is a better safety than most people seem to give him credit for.

The offense still worries me some because our new OC came from Cleveland and ran much the same offense there that Dan Henning ran for us previously. I hope we move to more 4-5 wide sets, and let Reggie Bush play both out of the backfield and as a receiver. Daniel Thomas has a lot of potential as a bruising back up the middle, but he didn't really show much in camp or pre-season. I was somewhat disappointed that Polite wasn't retained by the team, because I thought he was money last year in short yardage situations. Bess is an amazing slot receiver with great hands... completely steal as an undrafted free agent a few years back, and is beginning to show signs of being better than Welker ever was for us. Henne may be coming along, but he still worries me significantly... if we bomb because of him, well at least it'll put us in position to try and draft Luck or Landry Jones... *if* one or both of them decide to declare for the draft this year. With improved QB play and less distractions off the field, Brandon Marshall will only get better. I'm also pretty high on Marlon Moore... and not just because he's a Fresno State alum either. I think he's got a lot of tools to help stretch the defense to open things up for both Marshall and Bess. I'm not sold on Hartline in the least bit though... I've never thought he was all that great to be honest. TE is a constant worry for us though... Fasano is serviceable, but nothing spectacular.

I'm expecting something like an 8-8 season out of us this year. We could be better, but we could also be a lot worse.

Brian Daboll is nothing like Henning! Daboll also had 0 offensive weapons and if you remember, sliced and diced the Patriots last season with the Browns. The only issue we have on offense right now is the Offensive line, its awful. Henne is finally coming into his own and while I'm not totally sold on his ability yet, I feel he has been given a gift of an OC who calls attacking plays instead of that over coaching BS he was getting from Henning. Henning was so conservative, it was pathetic. Hartline is a great receiver. I'm excited and hope he stays healthy. If Henne gets his head out of his ass, he is a great downfield target that was open constantly but always under thrown to. Moore is a good receiver, but he's still too green right now. I'm hopeful Gates comes into his own because nothing beats pure speed down the field to open up underneath for Marshall and Bess. I really like when they line Marshall up in the slot. He's so dangerous. If we are anything less than 9-7, we will have a new coach and GM next season (and QB for sure), that much is guaranteed. There really isn't any reason why we don't win at least 9, hell we should have won 10 last season.

retro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm not sold on Hartline in the least bit... maybe it was him getting injured, but it seemed like he was dropping more passes than he caught. Neither Moore or Hartline are necessarily burners, but I think Moore is stronger with a faster burst to get downfield, he also has pretty decent hands... though the drop he made on a perfect Henne pass that would've gone for a TD doesn't really help his case, regardless of the fact that on the previous play he made an amazing low catch on a horribly thrown ball. I see Hartline and Moore as interchangeable X's, Marshall as the Y, and Bess at Z. In three receiver sets obviously. I had forgotten about Gates, and he could most definitely compete with Hartline and Moore at X with his speed, he just needs to catch the ball. Swapping Bess and Marshall does make us fairly dangerous as well, because the defense is more than likely going to have to task a LB to help with coverage over the middle, which could lead to deeper downfield gains, or just give it to Marshall on a slant and let him beat his man.

You're definitely right about the O-Line, other than Long, we're really suspect. Carey isn't all that bad, and I have really high hopes for Pouncey as well, if he can play anywhere near the level that his brother did last year, the O-Line has the potential to be very stout. But, we also have the potential to be a proverbial sieve unfortunately.

Ultimately, I think this season is going to hinge on QB play. Our defense will continue to play at a high level, but QB is where it's really going to matter. If we don't get solid to good performances from Henne, teams will simply stack the box against us and stop the run, forcing Henne to throw the ball... which could be disastrous.

I really hope that you're right about Daboll... just from what I saw of the Browns offense the last couple of years made him look like a younger version of Henning. It could very well just be because he didn't have any weapons to work with... hopefully that'll change, since he's got Marshall, Bess, and Bush to work with... along with the other three receivers and Thomas.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back