New Pope

Users who are viewing this thread

2001_Saleen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Well looks like the Cardinals elected Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger from Germany Pope. He chose the name Pope Benedict XVI, and he's 78, so it looks like a short Papcy.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

slo6banger

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
From what I've heard about his stance on things, I don't think he's gonna be a very good successor. I think John Paul II was doing good things by bringing in new religions and embracing muslims and all of that. And this new Pope has said in the past that Christianity is the only true religion.

I don't know, I would rather see someone who is leaning toward modernizing the church, allowing more freedoms, and definitely heading toward a better more diverse world.

Time will tell I guess.

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
i heard he was a member of a nazi group with hitler- dont recall the name though. rumors on t.v. say hes a very controversial choice. im no catholic, but the pope seems like a really prestigious position. thousands gather to "see" him, and he spoke like 4 lines in latin.

slo6banger

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah, apparently it was like Nazi Jrs or something, and apparently he was also part of the German army against Jews at the time. He says he was "forced to be part of it" though.

They had interviews with many catholics here and nobody seems to be really happy with the choice. I'm not catholic therefore it doesn't quite affect me personally, but my boyfriend is roman catholic and I was gonna start trying to learn a little about it.

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I agree i dont think any one CAN replace John Paul with his out going personality and so good with the kids etc ...... people Just Love Him

AtlanticBlue99

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
well he wont be pope long b.c he is 78.. although, on tv he looked in good health. i dont see why a young pope wasnt chosen :dunno

Tazzy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I wonder to ..... Guess its cause they know how many people LOved John Paul so i wonder why too John paul was a young man when he started ( barely 50 )

White2000GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm not a Catholic either, so I honestly could care less who was elected. But there is no denying that being Pope is just as much a political thing as it is a religious thing. So the Pope needs to be someone who can make some positive changes in the world, not just in the church... like John Paul did as was mentioned by Rach and Jan. I haven't heard much about this new guy, but I did see a picture of him and he's seriously kinda creepy looking. I hope we are all wrong about the guy though. Maybe he will do wonderful things. Only time will tell.

Veronica

The OG
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
316.98z
I agree with white2000gt.. Im not religious.. well I have my beliefs, but I havent gone to church since I was married. I am a luthern.

White2000GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yeah, I'm the same way. I have my beliefs. But I can honestly say that if today was Judgment Day then I would have a one-way ticket to a lake of brimstone and fire waiting on me. Too much of teh
71d7c88df472406f3f21cbf93bf2c336.gif
and
0697ae24c0e225299e40e7fabfe7d52e.gif
been in my life lately.

2001_Saleen

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: New Pope

White2000GT said:
Yeah, I'm the same way. I have my beliefs. But I can honestly say that if today was Judgment Day then I would have a one-way ticket to a lake of brimstone and fire waiting on me. Too much of teh
71d7c88df472406f3f21cbf93bf2c336.gif
and
0697ae24c0e225299e40e7fabfe7d52e.gif
been in my life lately.

That alone won't send you to hell, at least in my religion.

slo6banger

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Re: RE: New Pope

White2000GT said:
I haven't heard much about this new guy, but I did see a picture of him and he's seriously kinda creepy looking.

haha. He is kinda weird looking... not very photogenic like John Paul was.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back