My car

Users who are viewing this thread

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I thought I suddenly forgot to drive a stick shift.:24: When Joe and I drive together he usually drives. We usually take his truck but this time we took my car. We took it for a good long drive and he started complaining about how it reved up a lot and wasn't accelerating right. I told him I had noticed that about a week ago off and on but kept thinking I was not driving well. He looked at me like I was crazy. As he should. I didn't suddenly forget to drive a clutch.:crazy:

I feel so stupid. He's going to take it into the dealer tomorrow or the next day. Sometimes I'm so blonde :D

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
That's what I'm saying Porter, instead of realizing it was the car having mechanical problems, as I should have, I kept thinking I was driving wrong, which, since I have been driving a stick shift off and on since I was 16 years old in cars, motorcycles, etc, I wouldn't suddenly forget how. I feel so blonde at times....:tooth

Francis

Sarcasm is me :)
Reaction score
Tokenz
2.08z
I assume there was no clutching issues as I am sure you would have had other comments ? :tooth

Having said that I had a clutch finally slip real bad on me once going up a hill.. Was the worse feeling on the world.. :willy_nilly:

I knew it was shot and now had to replace it.. The engine would rev really high.. I would imagine that's what happened to yours..

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Yup it's revving really high when I shift gears. And it's especially noticable on hills. Wouldn't you know. I have about 4 payments left. Joe is off work the next two days so I'm driving the truck to work tomorrow. He can drive the motorcycle to work and/or the bike if need be for a while, worse case scenario. Damn, I hope it's nothing expensive we are trying to save every penny to get on the property before winter sets in :mad

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Yup it's revving really high when I shift gears. And it's especially noticable on hills. Wouldn't you know. I have about 4 payments left. Joe is off work the next two days so I'm driving the truck to work tomorrow. He can drive the motorcycle to work and/or the bike if need be for a while, worse case scenario. Damn, I hope it's nothing expensive we are trying to save every penny to get on the property before winter sets in :mad

It is the car
Get it checked

Have your nails done while you wait

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
That's pretty much what I was talking about in my "duh moments" thread. :24: Been there, done that, hon. ;)

AnitaBeer

I kissed a leprechaun...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Timing, clutch, O2 sensor....could be a few different things, but it does sound more like your clutch is going.
Good thing he noticed so you can find out for sure.

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Well Joe is taking her into the dealer today. I'm driving the big Truck. I keep forgetting and putting my left foot on the brake and reaching my hand for the non-existent stick shift.:tooth But I feel high up in the sky today ;)

porterjack

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Well Joe is taking her into the dealer today. I'm driving the big Truck. I keep forgetting and putting my left foot on the brake and reaching my hand for the non-existent stick shift.:tooth But I feel high up in the sky today ;)
so long as you are happy petal :)

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back