Lost books of the bible?

Users who are viewing this thread

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Has anyone read up on these? Some say there could have been hundreds more books in the original bible before Constantine, and some other fuckers, ordered they be removed. In one of the books I believe it speciafically says that someone does not need to go to church to worship God. I'm sure you can all guess why that book was taken out... Lately I have been looking into finding out more about these. Pretty interesting.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
There the called the Gnostic versus. Books of the Bible King Herad( or was it Constantine?), and the church didn't want to put in the Bible. It has alot of interesting things to say about Mary and Jesus and there realtionship. It shows Jesus was more human then just the Messiah. In those versus it tells you what Heaven (different levels of) is about. It tells you there is very powerfull Femine spirit. Like another God or force. It says that jesus (not his real name) travels around quite alot. I found it hard to understand and had to read what the religous theologist thought these versus said.
Wait dont tell me you read the Davinci Code? Great book!

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Churches say god is only a spiritual being, but he actually has a physical form. There are 3 or 4 accounts of him allowing himself to be seen in the bible, but not his face. All kinds of interesting stuff to be known about the bible, and what churches don't want you to know.

Actually I have the Da Vinci code on audio book, but I haven't got to listen to it yet.

Homer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
did anyone see the movie [Martin Luther] a true story about a German monk who told people the truth about the Catholic Church back in i think the 1400's they even tried to kill him,a great movie got it at Block Buster vid a must see. :popcorn

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Re: RE: Lost books of the bible?

Homer said:
did anyone see the movie [Martin Luther] a true story about a German monk who told people the truth about the Catholic Church back in i think the 1400's they even tried to kill him,a great movie got it at Block Buster vid a must see. :popcorn

So it's based on a truestory? If so, it sounds like something I would like.

dt3, go to http://bibleufo.com/

I read alot on that site whenever I'm bored, it great.

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Yep, but the difficulty to understand the material isn't what stops them from sharing them with us. If that were the case, they would just dumb it down...much like the new testament. Many of these writings are stored away in the Vatican.

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
The biggest Lie the Church ever told was that you have to repent your sins or go to a church to worship God or be saved and go to Heaven. This is just not true. The disciples never went to church. Jesus rebuked the Temples when he was here on Earth. After Jesus rose from the Dead and came back to see his Dicipleshe He told them that God has given them a gift of the Holy Spirit to be with you wherever you go.
The church used parts of the old Testament and parts od ohter scriptures to fragment some rule that if you didn't worship in the "official church" then you were a heritech and were cast out or worse you were killed.
I think a quote from the bible says A man cannot enter into the Kingdom of heaven by his works alone.
That was there way of keeping order and controlling the masses of poor people whom they used and abused for there own profit.

Now on the other hand going to church is not a bad thing. Going to Church just helps in your commitment to God and wanting to understand the word. You just have to remember that your there to listen to the word of God not some guy who is going to lead you to financial freedom or gives you his own set of rules to follow because he said he had a vision.
MY Brother in-law who is a Baptist Minister is one of the kindest most honest most compassionete men I've ever known. He lives his life by his faith and also by his works but he will tell you that You must worship God in a Church if only to be with other people of your own faith and also it is written in the bible that whenever there are two or more people gatherd in the utterance of my name then there shall I be also.

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Blackwater_GT said:
The biggest Lie the Church ever told was that you have to repent your sins or go to a church to worship God or be saved and go to Heaven. This is just not true. The disciples never went to church. Jesus rebuked the Temples when he was here on Earth. After Jesus rose from the Dead and came back to see his Dicipleshe He told them that God has given them a gift of the Holy Spirit to be with you wherever you go.
The church used parts of the old Testament and parts od ohter scriptures to fragment some rule that if you didn't worship in the "official church" then you were a heritech and were cast out or worse you were killed.
I think a quote from the bible says A man cannot enter into the Kingdom of heaven by his works alone.
That was there way of keeping order and controlling the masses of poor people whom they used and abused for there own profit.

Now on the other hand going to church is not a bad thing. Going to Church just helps in your commitment to God and wanting to understand the word. You just have to remember that your there to listen to the word of God not some guy who is going to lead you to financial freedom or gives you his own set of rules to follow because he said he had a vision.
MY Brother in-law who is a Baptist Minister is one of the kindest most honest most compassionete men I've ever known. He lives his life by his faith and also by his works but he will tell you that You must worship God in a Church if only to be with other people of your own faith and also it is written in the bible that whenever there are two or more people gatherd in the utterance of my name then there shall I be also.

something to add about going to a church-like building.... it helps people of the same faith to keep in contact to have fellowship... something like that... :dunno

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Blackwater_GT said:

My uncle is just like your brother, great guy. Swears by church teachings. I just can't be involved in organized religion. I'm not saying people shouldn't at all, but I don't think it's the best way. With what they are teaching in church now I feel it's best to educate yourself about the truth, and pray from your own home. Plus you don't participate in letting the church cheat you with offerings. Money is the root of all evil after all, yet they seem to want as much of it as they can take from you. Some of them pass the offering around again if they don't get enough the first time. While the people of blind faith shell out and shell out, the church just gets more wealthy.

Read this, its incredible. Quotes from scriptures to back it up...http://bibleufo.com/humanphenom.htm

Another link, interesting stuff...http://bibleufo.com/anomaliesgod.htm

BTW blackwater, I finished the Da Vinci code. Great book. So what do you think about Mary Magdalen? In the Last Supper it does look like a women without a doubt, and the 'm' shape? Hmm.

Heres a quote...The Church Building
The very existence of a building for sole purpose of weekly worship is without scriptural foundation, nor is the practice of weekly worship itself. The weekly practice of keeping the Sabbath, the last day of the week, as a day of rest is biblical, but gathering together to worship on any day is not. This practice was instituted by the Emperor Constantine when he actually outlawed the practice of resting on the Sabbath. This will be discussed further in this chapter in “The Holy Days”

Another quote...The Church Steeple
The presence of steeples on top of church buildings is the classic testament to the pagan origins of virtually every aspect of the church. The Bible specifically condemns having such things anywhere near any area where there is an altar to the real God, and certainly any Ch4ristian would consider a church as such.
♦ Deuteronomy 16: 21 Thou shalt not plant thee a grove of any trees near unto the altar of the Lord thy God, which thou shalt make thee.
The word grove is taken from ammuwd, pronounced am-mood'; a column (as standing) and tree comes from ets, pronounced ates; a tree (from its firmness); hence, wood. This is speaking to ancient custom of erecting wooden columns at pagan worship sites. This edict is repeated here:
♦ Leviticus 26:1 Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it: for I am the Lord your God.

And churches lead people to believe that God is merely a spirit, no physical form. Well.. The actual physical body of Yhovah is described by eyewitness testimony in scripture. Though such a concept is condemned in orthodox religion and is regarded as heresy, the words of Moses, Daniel, and the Apostle John make such a charge a moot point

The Eyewitnesses

Moses Sees God
A little understood and effectively ignored experience by Moses strongly reinforces the very physical presence of God. Moses actually asked to see God and was granted that request. From the scenario scripted in the Bible we find a very simple, yet incredible thought-provoking event. God places Moses in a fissure of a large rock and walks past the rock. As he passes by, he holds his hand up preventing Moses from seeing his face, but allows him to view God from behind as he has passed. Here is the biblical rendering of this event:
♦ And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory. And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy. And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live. And the Lord said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock: And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a Clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by: And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen. (Exodus 33:18-23)
There can be no doubt that three very specific things are represented in this scriptural account of an actual eyewitness to the physical presence of God.
· He can be detected with human vision.
· He has a body form with parts similar to humans. A face, which presumes a head, a hand, which one assumes is attached to an arm, and a torso.
· His physical presence, especially his face, can either cause harm to a human, or for some other reason, must not be seen by humans.

Daniel Sees God
♦ I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire. (Daniel 7:9)

John Sees God
John, the Apostle, the author of Book of Revelation, also was an eyewitness to the physical body of the God Yhovah, and more descriptive than Daniel’s account. It is not a great leap to consider that Daniel is describing the same God, before he became Jesus, and John is describing him after his resurrection and return to a “godly” state.
♦ I was in the Spirit on the Lord's day, and heard behind me a great voice, as of a trumpet, Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea. And I turned to see the voice that spake with me. And being turned, I saw seven golden candlesticks; And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle. His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp twoedged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength. And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: (Revelation 1:10-17)
Here Yhovah, an Elohiym, a God, is described as having feet, a chest, a head, hair, hands, eyes, and a mouth.

All of that is from the same site, which I linked to if you want to read more.

Blackwater_GT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
A good church is hard to find. One thing to be said fo the Catholic Religon and that Church. During Stallins great purge and during the cold war years the Catholic church heldunauthorised meetings. Mostly secret services. They did this to fight the communist aethist dogma that the communist/stallinist/jackbooted regimes used to keep the people down.
There were many priests and Nuns that were killed and tortured for keeping there faith alive.
I'm not a historian but I have read that thru-out mans history of strife that Religons and religous icons have kept countrys from coming unglued and falling into chaos.

I will check out those links and get back to you.

MrAWatts

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

Blackwater_GT said:
A good church is hard to find. One thing to be said fo the Catholic Religon and that Church. During Stallins great purge and during the cold war years the Catholic church heldunauthorised meetings. Mostly secret services. They did this to fight the communist aethist dogma that the communist/stallinist/jackbooted regimes used to keep the people down.
There were many priests and Nuns that were killed and tortured for keeping there faith alive.
I'm not a historian but I have read that thru-out mans history of strife that Religons and religous icons have kept countrys from coming unglued and falling into chaos.

I will check out those links and get back to you.

Got any links? Sounds interesting. Let me know what you think about that stuff.

RUBESH

Reaction score
Tokenz
415.23z
Absolutely many books were omitted from the final version of the Bible, some of which are known as the Apocrypha. The early Christian church did not consider these writings to be part of the canon and hence omitted them from the canonical Bible. Certain of these books contain distinct doctrines and perspectives on Christianity than those included, which may explain why they were excluded. These writings, however, are still studied and read by many Christians and intellectuals today.

78,865Threads
2,185,212Messages
4,953Members
Back