Loss of someone close

Users who are viewing this thread

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
M daughters teacher passed away today. She had cancer of the mouth and it just took over her. Anyways, my daughter is really tore up about it and cant stop crying. She is so tender hearted as it is already. How can I help her deal with this. Is there anything I can say or do to try to ease her mind about it?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Haus

OTz Original
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Damn that sucks. i always like my teachers i had for the most part. i dont know how i would handle it if i lost a teacher durring the school year.

im not exactly sure what you can say to her with her being pretty young.

slomo is pretty good with this stuff.

lemon

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
give her a few days to herself, then try toget her to talk about the teacher in ways that make her remember her teacher...

good memories always help. also, tell her that she should be happy that she got to spend the time she did with her teacher. teachers can be big for inspirations, and all that.

hhayes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
sorry to hear about that...just give her some time and maybe spend some extra time with her or something to try and keep her mind off of it.

Rusteh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
the best thing to do in my opinion is to allow her the opportunity to have fun. Laughter is the best cure for what bothers the mind in most cases.

99mustang232

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
time does heal, maybe assist her in some sort of rememberance or have her write down her feelings or make a list of good memories?

Jersey

Mrs. Dontchaknow
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.11z
thats sad... kids are usually so kind hearted at that age, so its gotta be tough... ya know-- i would tell her you are obviously there if she wants to talk about it, but sometimes thats get them more upset-- they dont comprehend talking through problems like we do.. so give her some extra fun time.. thats really all you can do for her unfortunately :dunno

Mrs Behavin

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.55z
She said that Monday in her class, they talked about it and the kids got to talk about some of the good things they remember about her. She wanted to go to the funeral Sunday but I was kinda hesitant. She is doing better. She still talks about it though. I think talking helps her understand it better.

78,864Threads
2,185,191Messages
4,953Members
Back