Let's talk about fishing...

Users who are viewing this thread

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
I exclusively fish freshwater. I like to fish for largemouth bass, crappie & bream. Occasionally I will fish for catfish. I prefer bass fishing most of all. I will flyfish some but mostly use baitcasting outfits. What type fishing do you like best? Freshwater or saltwater?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
I haven't fished for a long time last time I fished I was fishing bass...I was catching them so fast it wasnt a challenge. .I would cast, start to reel and would get a hit immediately.
I stopped at around 30 or so...I released them all as I caught them.
I guess a feeling of guilt over took me that day.

Sent using Tapatalk 2

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
I will fish anything, I spent more time probably fishing fresh water than anything, but living near the coast I do a lot of shore and off-shore fishing as well. I also like crabbing.

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
My Mum was for a while Australia's top female angler which meant I was dragged out fishing a lot. We mainly did fresh water fishing in the hundreds of rivers in Australia. We used lures 98% of the time and would mainly fish for bream and flathead.

Recently Mum has moved to Darwin so my only hope for her is that she doesn't catch a crocodile...

Matilde.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
My Mum was for a while Australia's top female angler which meant I was dragged out fishing a lot. We mainly did fresh water fishing in the hundreds of rivers in Australia. We used lures 98% of the time and would mainly fish for bream and flathead.

Recently Mum has moved to Darwin so my only hope for her is that she doesn't catch a crocodile...

Matilde.

She must be a really good angler. I have fished where we had alligators but not crocodiles in this area.

mazHur

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
Is there any difference between 'fishing' and 'angling'?

I like commercial fishing..ie trawling and gill netting and pump fishing...in the open sea

DaveM

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I fly fish for pretty much everything that swims, now. Salt, freshwater. I sometimes bait fish when the weather isn't conducive to fluff chucking. But that's only float fishing.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,311.37z
I go through spells where I flyfish a lot. Other times not so much. I have to be in the mood to flyfish. I am not a fan of really windy weather when I flyfishing.

DaveM

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My casting is still not quite good enough to tackle wing yet, especially when it's a strong wind blowing onto shore.

My favourite is fishing for roach and rudd on canals, or mackerel from shore. Mackerel go like stink on a 6 weight

!

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.19z
Is there any difference between 'fishing' and 'angling'?

I like commercial fishing..ie trawling and gill netting and pump fishing...in the open sea

they are used pretty loosely to mean the same. usually fshing is a little more leasurely of an activity and angling is a little more sporty. to me the difference is probably whether or not you have a beer in your hand while doing it lol.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I love to fish. Where I live it is very convenient to fish fresh water or salt water.
I like salt water mainly.
Speckle Trout and Ground Mullet are my favorite.
I through the net sometimes.
I love to drop crab nets too just put a little chicken on them
and it will be loaded with blue crab

boombala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I saw Walleye on the menu in Chippawah, WI last week and was really surprised. Wonder where they get the fish. We don't farm raise Walleye do we?

78,864Threads
2,185,189Messages
4,953Members
Back