It's the Holiday Season!

Users who are viewing this thread

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,302.37z
Thanksgiving next week and Christmas 4 weeks later. Hearing Christmas music already when shopping.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,328.15z
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I host every year and love doing it. I think we're only going to have 15 people or so this year, but I'm good with that.

I am 100% not ready for Christmas, though. I always start my shopping super late.

Kurbir

Fraud. Lies. Deceit.
Premium
Reaction score
Tokenz
752.45z
I am not big on holidays so like every year, I will spend the holidays alone. I will however visit my sister and her family on new year's eve for diner, but that is about it.
I enjoy spending time by myself so I am definitely looking forward to some peace and quiet during the holidays :D

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,302.37z
Thanksgiving is my absolute favorite holiday. I host every year and love doing it. I think we're only going to have 15 people or so this year, but I'm good with that.

I am 100% not ready for Christmas, though. I always start my shopping super late.
We always host but will be a small group this year. We will have as many for The Iron Bowl on Saturday.

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,302.37z
This week will be busy. My wife has so many groceries for the feeding Thursday & Saturday.

Keight

Reaction score
Tokenz
175.38z
Ugh I'm so not prepared this year!

My boys are working Christmas eve, Christmas night and New Year's Eve and I'm doing the week through as well apart from Christmas day, its def going to be a quiet one around here.

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,328.15z
My husband and I have already given each other our gifts. He got a new pedal driven kayak and I got a new wine fridge. I definitely got the short end of that stick, LOL ***BUT*** I am happy with my wine fridge!

Kakapo Dundee

Reaction score
Tokenz
644.22z
Ironically, I am thankful that we don't do Thanksgiving here. If the memes are right, most people who do don't seem to appreciate it. Christmas in the heat of summer doesn't seem right, and the daft things that the advertisers try to peddle as gifts only make it more surreal. Buy your teen a new phone! Ours is better than the one she's already happily glued to! Buy you spouse an industrial sized coffee machine! We'll all use it, but it is nominally yours! The relentless Hallmark style seasonal ads from the banks and grocers, coupled with irrelevant ads for camping and sporting goods sales, and utterly stupid shopping channel offerings............ugh. Bring on January. We can be who we are again, and go back to self-isolation for another 11 months.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back