Is there a standard for how one should dress once they reach a certain age?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
I love the way I dress I go from casual to collegiate preppy depending on my mood, but sometimes when I dress casual I look at myself and wonder am I dressing for my age?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,304.37z
When you reach the age to wear "Depends" it is apppreciated if that is hidden from view. ;)

FoxInSox

Banned, by user's request!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Depends on the person I suppose.
For example, I work with this woman who is 55.

It's all about Hello Kitty.
She wears Hello Kitty scrubs, earrings, watches.
In street clothes, it's the same.. oh and she's REALLY into pink as well.
She's got a face that is wrinkled from years of smoking AND she smells like a freaking ashtray most of the time.:yuk

It might be cute for someone half her age..

Dana

In Memoriam - RIP
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z

She's got a face that is wrinkled from years of smoking AND she smells like a freaking ashtray most of the time.:yuk

Thats a bit much.

mintyfish

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Eh, I think there is but it's one of those rules that isn't really a rule it's just recognized by most society as one. If that makes any sense. Like take for instance the fact that you hardly ever see an older woman with longer hair. Why? Is it suddenly because they don't like long hair anymore? No, it's because it is sort of socially unacceptable for women to have long hair once they reach a certain age because it's "for younger girls."

Catavenger

Still a newbie
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z

Is she married - nudge * nudge *wink *wink*

I think I will always be in blue jeans.

kammy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I believe that age is just a number and as such persons should wear whatever they feel comfortable in; who am i to pass down judgement on another; i don't believe in stealing another persons joy.

Creaky

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
You should be able to dress however you want no matter of your age, as long as your happy thats all that matters.

Adam

Voodoo Baby
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I dress with whatever I find on the floor in the morning, unless I'm going to work. so that could be a dress for all I know since I don't pay attention to what I have on lol

But I must say the standards of dress today scare the living hell out of me, young girls especially.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
I love the way I dress I go from casual to collegiate preppy depending on my mood, but sometimes when I dress casual I look at myself and wonder am I dressing for my age?
Well I can not say much about this for the society surely would want you to get to dress in a way when you get to some certain age and term it being responsible just like the way you cut your hair and if you have any markings like tattoo on your body or not. In my region it is said to be those who are irresponsible that keep some certain kind of hairstyle or even wear some kind of dresses or markings on their skins.

Springtime

Reaction score
Tokenz
997.52z
I dress what I feel comfortable. In older days, Chinese elderly women mostly wear clothes in darker colors such as dark blue, grey or black. Not anymore nowadays. Some old women wear red, yellow, green clothes.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back