Interstellar

Users who are viewing this thread

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
After months of waiting to see this movie - I finally got to watch it and all I can say is that I was far from disappointed - in fact I'd even go so far as to say that its one of the best movies that I've seen in a long time and although not as fast paced as I'd been expecting and the story is a little complex and a bit confusing at times - its definitely one that I would highly recommend.

As not only is it an exciting thought-provoking movie with a very original storyline that touches on concepts that we know very little about and in a very intellectual way too - it very successfully shows the psychological and very emotional side of man too - oh and the robots are just amazing and especially the one with a sense of humor - which is seriously awesome.

So what about you - have you seen " Interstellar " yet - if so what are your thoughts on it - did you enjoy it too ?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Shimus

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Just watched this tonight. I guessed the ending halfway through as I know the laws of physics, black holes, and most of the talk they made in between so I was able to figure out the invisible hand was him and the message they left was them saying not to go back. I also like the idea of the 5th dimension. Beings from then could exist, but we can never know it because they view time like a book - they can read from the start, pick it up in the middle, or just the footnotes version to understand it while we live it as a 'habit' we have to live.

If we think of it like that, it would be easier to see intelligent life outside the scope of our universe. Who created the singularity that sparked the big bang? It just didn't "mystically" happen. Someone had to set it off, to spring forth all this sprawling energy and life that now will all wane and die some day, going too far from the original singularity. So someone had to set it off for us to even begin our struggle. Why not people in a dimension we can't even understand or begin to cope with? It makes sense these 'beings' are literally our watchers or "God".

It also did touch really well on the subject. I even had tears in my eyes when he was conversing with his elderly daughter and he still looked the same. The time difference is a bitch. Though, the person that got shafted the most was the Black Guy. He had to wait 20+ years for them to return and then he finally gets to set down on a planet and his pod blows up with that triggering device. So he waited 20+ years to just die in outerspace anyways. Whack.

Hopefully he got back to her in the end.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back