Insulating your home?

Users who are viewing this thread

JoanMcWench

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I was wondering if there is a site someone knows of or hints they can give about insulating a home that is a rental as opposed to a home that you own. I have found plenty of insulation suggestions for home owners but very little for a renter. There is only so much one can do themselves with a home they do not own. I was wondering if anyone knew of something to help? Thanks in advance.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dreamseer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't know how you could solve that problem except by talking to your landlord. Maybe he would agree to purchase materials if you would do the work? Our landlord is pretty good about working with us if we want to do any improvements that will add to the value of his property. One thing I do every year is buy that plastic film stuff to cover the windows. It makes a huge difference as far as keeping the heat in and the cold out.

griz bear

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
adding insulation in the attic would probably save heat from escaping. Quite often the public utility will have hone conservation programs for both renters and home owners.

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
Is it a house or a flat? In a house you should take giz bear's advice and insulate the attic. If there no floor boards then it will be easy to lay down some thick rolls of insulation. Filling the wall cavities will help too, and putting a draught blocker by the door to stop cold air coming in.

78,864Threads
2,185,191Messages
4,953Members
Back