i'm redecorating

Users who are viewing this thread

skyblue

KEEP THE FAITH
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.34z
the front room/lounge......its 33 feet long,so far i've took the brick fireplace out,took the dado rail off,and stripped most of the wallpaper

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

HK

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.03z
Does it have to be wood? Something that looks like wood but isn't would be cheaper :ninja

We can't really decorate. Or rather, we could but it's rented house, so it feels like we'd be doing it up for someone else to benefit from.

Accountable

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Does it have to be wood? Something that looks like wood but isn't would be cheaper :ninja

We can't really decorate. Or rather, we could but it's rented house, so it feels like we'd be doing it up for someone else to benefit from.
They make vinyl flooring now that is almost indistinguishable from wood, but I think you'd be able to tell with a room that size. Bamboo makes a beautiful floor and is cheaper than conventional wood.

As for redecorating a rental, talk with the landlord. If you're talking about installing permanent upgrades, he might pay for the material or knock off your rent. Don't not make your place your home just because you don't own it.

Hey, Sky, what kind of subfloor do you have?

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
wood floor look nice need some work to keep it great but goes good with everything in the house

only blue colour walls are a big no ..:D

Zorak

The cake is a metaphor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z

the problem with that is, you end up paying so much for a fake wood floor that looks good, a real wood floor wouldn't be that much more

Zorak

The cake is a metaphor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Aw really? I thought it'd be much cheaper :( well, no point then.

The cheapest wood floors look good, where as the cheapest laminate floors look quite tacky. My dads in the process of redoing his living room, so I've seen a lot of the samples for both varieties.

Your living room is something you have to get right, be awful for it to just bug you relentlessly afterwards.

Adward0

Banned
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If you redecorate your house or any other area then I'm going to suggest you best site where you can get every type of decorating designs for you decoration because decoration increase beauty and attraction.If you interested then visit this site for this purpose (housebeautiful.com )
Here you can get every type of decorating designs and ideas to apply it.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back