I'll Never Fall in Love Again ( Dionne Warwick)

Users who are viewing this thread

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
This is a very meaningful song.It seems there is a problem of love in a relationship that turned everything sour.

Lyrics for you:

What do you get when you fall in love?
A guy with a pin to burst your bubble
That's what you get for all your trouble
I'll never fall in love again
What do you get when you kiss a guy?
You get enough germs to catch pneumonia
After you do, he'll never phone ya
Dont know that I'll never fall in love again?
Don't tell me what it's all about
'Cause I've been there and I'm glad I'm out
Out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you
You only get lies and pain and sorrow
So far at least until tomorrow
No, no, I'll never fall in love again
Ahh, out of those chains, those chains that bind you
That is why I'm here to remind you
You only get lies and pain and sorrow
So far at least until tomorrow
Dontcha know that I'll never fall in love again

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
This is a very beautiful song and an old school song, from the lyrics you get to know that it is from a life experience that she wrote such a song as she has had heartbreaks with the men she fell in love with. Though I am not going to oppose anyone who does not want to fall in love again, but love is a beautiful thing to the heart and body as well for when you fall in love with the right person then be sure to know that things will be made easy for you even though there would be times you'd have some misunderstanding but take your time to fix it.

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
This is a very beautiful song and an old school song, from the lyrics you get to know that it is from a life experience that she wrote such a song as she has had heartbreaks with the men she fell in love with. Though I am not going to oppose anyone who does not want to fall in love again, but love is a beautiful thing to the heart and body as well for when you fall in love with the right person then be sure to know that things will be made easy for you even though there would be times you'd have some misunderstanding but take your time to fix it.
Thank you so much for sharing your feelings about this song. This spring is indeed very meaningful and symbolic. And it relates to the real-life's experiences of the singer. Love hurts sometimes but still, love is beautiful.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
Thank you so much for sharing your feelings about this song. This spring is indeed very meaningful and symbolic. And it relates to the real-life's experiences of the singer. Love hurts sometimes but still, love is beautiful.
I know right, music is all about life experience and what is going on with the writer or something they have seen happen around them and that is why what a singer sings can relate to a million people who are passing through the same kind of feeling or situation.

pjbleek

Reaction score
Tokenz
795.15z
when you put your whole heart into love, you are vulnerable to having this happen, but i get that and would do it again too....reminded me of the scene in the movie Hitch where Albert would do anything to have that feeling again...can so relate to that feeling

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
I know right, music is all about life experience and what is going on with the writer or something they have seen happen around them and that is why what a singer sings can relate to a million people who are passing through the same kind of feeling or situation.
Yes you're so right. The singers are like artists, they paint something from their emotions the same way to singers.

Starmix

Reaction score
Tokenz
2,628.59z
when you put your whole heart into love, you are vulnerable to having this happen, but i get that and would do it again too....reminded me of the scene in the movie Hitch where Albert would do anything to have that feeling again...can so relate to that feeling
The feeling is mixed when you're in love and hurt at the same time by your love. It seems like crazy.

Ammi

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,249.83z
…Dionne Warwick didnt write the song, she’s just performing it from a female perspective ….but the song was written by males and from a male perspective…/…Burt Bacharach was one of the song writers and I can’t recall who the co writer was it it was written for a musical so the lyrics were to fit the storyline, I would think…

….I guess…(…to link with the thread/topic here about negative mindsets etc…)…the lyrics to me seem really to counter and balance the thought process of ‘better to have loved and lost….etc…)…all that love will bring is lies and pain and sorrow…so no positives at all…?…hmmmmm, it’s also a bit tongue in cheek, though because it’s also acknowledging that no matter the lies and pain and sorrow etc…we probably will fall again…and again….so the exact opposite of never falling in love again….is what I think….

saoussen5765

Reaction score
Tokenz
645.65z
This is true nowadays love is becoming like a business so a person could marry someone not because he likes her or she likes him but for the reason A and B like for example his father is a rich lawyer or for example he has a factory that let him earn a lot of money despite of his personality so love is related to how has more money and not because it is someone trustworthy or has good habits.

78,865Threads
2,185,199Messages
4,953Members
Back