If you had a chance to change your past

Users who are viewing this thread

Rub

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
If you had a chance to change your past, would you do it? What would you change? Whether it was betting or speaking to your dead relatives? Just imagine it.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would have gone deeper into coding. When I was younger I was getting a hang of it and making pretty cool websites and dabbling in game programming and then I stopped in order to focus on my studies to get into college. Now that I'm older I pretty much forgot most of what I knew and since I didn't keep up there's a ton of stuff I'd have to relearn. If I had stuck it out instead of sidelining it because I didn't want my life revolving around it and to focus on college which didn't really get me anywhere...I think I would have done well for myself freelancing stuff and building certain projects.

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't know but I don't think I'll ever change my past. To change it would mean I have to change the way I am today and the people I currently have a good relationship with at present. I can only move forward, learn from the mistakes I committed and use it to better my future. Had I not accepted myself today, I would have been keen to change my yesterday.

MisterRay97

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
I guess I'd stop myself from drinking soda pop and junk food in my childhood and start losing weight earlier! And, like Rhodolite said, I'd start learning coding (at least C) and Adobe Illustrator earlier. It'd have helped me a lot now. :)

asereht1970

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think I will then make sure to finish my college education. It is the only thing that my parents have asked me to do and I disappointed them. They have high hopes for me since I am the eldest and considered the most promising among my siblings. If only I had finished my schooling, I'm sure they would be so happy and so proud of me.

Lucy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would absolutely change my past. My biggest regret is pushing my dad away emotionally because I was angry with him - admittedly for fairly valid reasons, but I handled it terribly. He ended up dying before we had a chance to reconcile, and I'm pretty sure he thought I hated him. I was so torn up about it in the year or so after he died. I would go back and make things better with him, definitely, and also push him to see a doctor because I didn't take his health problems seriously enough and I will always wonder if I could have prevented his death altogether.

Mika

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I'm not too sure if there's anything I would want to change in my past. If I didn't experience what I did, then I very well might not be who I am right now. Although, if I could change something about the past without affecting the present too much, I would have chosen a different college. I went into an art school, thinking I wanted to do something with art, then decided to switch to computer science. This school isn't bad for computer science, but I could have graduated with a more specialized degree already if I just went to a tech school instead.

angelicagapit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
It would be great to be able to change your past. I've done a lot of things I've regretted, however I don't think I would want to change anything.

You should learn from your mistakes. You can just turn back time and act like something never happened. You're supposed to learn from the past, move on from it and take charge of the situation.

I'm more of the person who cares about the present and knows that how you act in the present determines how your future will become.

Lucas

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It would be great to be able to change your past. I've done a lot of things I've regretted, however I don't think I would want to change anything.

You should learn from your mistakes. You can just turn back time and act like something never happened. You're supposed to learn from the past, move on from it and take charge of the situation.

I'm more of the person who cares about the present and knows that how you act in the present determines how your future will become.

Exactly. Who knows who could I become if I'd change my past. The most important part is "You should learn from your mistakes". Changing the past would bring also new problems and we could do more mistakes. Honestly when I was a kid I was thinking about it all the time, but now I just come to terms with past.

Muthoni

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If you had a chance to change your past, would you do it? What would you change? Whether it was betting or speaking to your dead relatives? Just imagine it.

If I had a chance to change my past, I would treat myself better. I would only have friends who are true and get rid of all the negative people who try to put me down. I would set more time for my family and support them the best way I can. I would enjoy every single day no matter what challenges I encounter. I would start my day by being thankful and avoid complaining at all costs.

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I wouldn't have spent so much money. Maybe I'm just feeling regretful becuase I'm broke right now. There's nothing else I'd change, it's always better to regret something you have done than something you haven't!

azrmacc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'd change something in the past, but then my present wouldn't be like this. I'd rather keep it the way it is because I'm pretty content with what I have right now.

Although maybe I could have cut back on the spending I've done in a particular game, then my money would be better than ever now :p

sidney

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.79z
Yes, of course I would try to change the past, I will avoid the situations that led to the mistakes that I made, because I already know what happened in those situations, and I already learned my lesson. Also, I will do the things that I never got to do before, the ones that I regret not doing until it was too late.

Greatest I am

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.09z
To change even one small aspect of your life would change every other aspect of not only tour life but the path that everything has taken.

Then anthropic principle explains, or if you will, the butterfly effect.

Regards
DL

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,334.15z
Nope. My past has made me who I am. My previous shitty relationships have made me so appreciative of my current happy relationship. While I would love to be able to spend more time with loved ones who have passed, I can't imagine my life being different than it is right now.

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Well I do feel bad about urinating on a nurse soon after my birth...if I had it all to over again I would aim for the wall.

Ash1280

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I had to made a decision after high school.
I was offered a well paying job which I'm currently in.
I was offered a small financial start for college. Matter of fact I applied to three of them.
The question is what if I decided college instead of my present job.
Give a little hint the salary is excellent.
Have to say I will still taken the job.
So what if I did decide to take the college road and give up the position ?
Will there be a job waiting for me ?
Will my college degree in a specific field will be waiting ?
I may pretend being a college graduate with a related or similar position. On the other hand there's a fear of layoffs and stuck with a college loan to pay back.
Nuff said.
Good post.

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
As I prefer to live in the present and feel that life is way too short and unpredictable to waste my time dwelling on the past or wishing for something that is unattainable or that can't be changed.

I can honestly say - that there is absolutely nothing I would want to change - as even though I've had some pretty tough times so far with more than my fair share of challenges to face up to and deal with - even if given the chance to do so - I wouldn't want to change any part of my life either past or present - for the simple reason that - apart from the fact that the outcome of those changes may not be for the better - I believe that its all the different things that we experience throughout our lives and what we learn from those experiences - whether good, bad, happy or sad - is what makes us who we are.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back