How long do you think you need to burn or build muscle in the gym?

Users who are viewing this thread

dieselfit

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.14z
This is a huge trend that's been going on in the health industry. Some people are still believing that long workouts that consist of 30 to 90 minutes burn the most calories. This may be true, but short intense workouts burn more calories over the course of 24-48 hours rather than just the workout session time. Anyone here a fan of short workouts?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I think it depends on what your goals are and how you are built. What works for some people will not work for someone else. HIIT works well for sprinters but if you're looking to train for a sport that requires stamina then you'll need to do those long workouts. Sprinter have larger muscles than marathon runners so for building muscle i would say short and intense, but to burn muscle go for long workouts.

CoachV

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Short quick workouts are the way to go for muscle toning. Quick reps on the weight lifting and short fast intervals on the cardio equipment in between lifting. You don't need to be in the gym for hours in order to get big and strong, the name of the game is efficiency!

Joker99352

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I prefer shorter workouts when it's more intense, and longer when it isn't. I like to push my limits but not to the point where I'm hurting myself. For weight training, for example, I usually only spend about 20 minutes or so depending on the workout I do. For cardio, I go about an hour unless I'm really busy and don't have time for a longer workout.

rossonomous

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
It depends on the kind of workout you are doing. If you do interval training then obviously you will work out for less time and burn more calories than doing a 1 hour standard run.

I don't like to be in the gym for any longer than an hour when I'm pumping. I exert all my energy into a limited number of sets and push myself to the limits in 60 minutes.

bmfc

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It depends on what your goals are, how much time you spend working out. You can over do it though.
Some people do get addicted to working out. I walk more than, anything else. I am talking 5 to 10 miles a day.

Ryguy3026

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I workout for about an hour to 2 and a half hours 4-5 days a week for Bodybuilding. I try not to burn that many calories because I want to gain weight.

Chaos

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Depends on what you are training for. Firstly you can't burn muscle you burn calories, to build muscle you must train every group 1 or twice a week and also eat healthy foods and sleep 8 hours every night. Nutrition is more important than training. A training session should last 60-70 minutes max.

78,865Threads
2,185,213Messages
4,953Members
Back