How do you stay fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

hoodoowytch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.30z
Me mate and I find it rather easy to stay fit actually. We got rid of our car about 4 years ago and got ourselves some adult trikes and that is our main source of transportation. We got ourselves some Schwinn Meridians and they come standard with this big folding wire basket behind the seat that is perfect for carrying groceries, camping gear, or pretty much anything we require. It folds down for allowing the strapping on of anything too big to fit into the basket onto the back of the trike.

It's a bit of a bitch in the Winter months, and honestly I tend to be less active in the Winter months and YES, gain a few pounds, but it's one of the best investments we've ever made. We're healthier, we aren't out the costs of owning a gas-powered vehicle and we aren't adding toxic chemicals into the atmosphere and into our ground water and soil when it rains. I dropped 3 dress sizes in just a couple of months of getting our trikes and believe me, I was a hefty gal. I'm not super-model skinny now, but I feel good and I'm comfortable in my skin. Look better. Feel better. And it's incredible fun!

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
We use bicycles in nice weather for short trips.
We actually walk on the beach when we go, we don't just sit still. We also actually walk the dog, despite having a large yard for him to run in so that we get out and moving.
We kayak a few times a month (paddling is great for your upper body).
I try not to be on the computer for longer than an hour at a time without at least a 10 minute break for some body-weight exercises.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I don't lift weights or go for long runs. And I don't use sophisticated exercise machines. Instead, I just go out for walks around my neighborhood and in the downtown villages near where I live.

Jordan

I'm useless. I know.
Administrator
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,004.96z
Staying fit has been a mystery to me.

I have always been a skinny / average build. I have always been able to eat and eat and eat and not gain any weight at all. I love to eat. I love food. Then again, I am only 20 years old atm. I suppose I'm going to have to slow down soon enough and start making sure I get my daily exercise in to stay in shape.

However, than again, not having extra pounds to my weight does not mean I am "fit". I can be a skinny/average build and still not be fit. For the most part, I sit in an chair for the majority of the day working on my sites.

tk-hassan

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I go to a nearby park and do some simple workouts including jogging , stretching , pushups etc. for about an hour 3-4 days a week.

Springtime

Reaction score
Tokenz
997.52z
I stay fit by exercising regularly. I do a 30-40 min morning walk every day. I also do some stretching exercise. Have a healthy diet is also important to me.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back