How do you make cardio work for you?

Users who are viewing this thread

RomanAnthonysMama

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Being a stay at home mom, I had recently brainstormed ways to fit in my cardio (aside from chasing around a toddler, lol), and I ended up making space around the house so that I could just power-walk around the house. My neighbors probably think I'm insane, but hey, it burns calories and gets the job done! I usually listen to music or play games on my phone to make the time go by faster. Sometimes if my son is up, we'll play tag too! How do you make your cardio workout fun for you?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Calisthenics and squats are really good indoor exercises and things like jumping jacks gets your heart rate up, same goes for climbing stairs. I generally take long walks outside listening to music because the scenery keeps me entertained. I tend to change the rate of speed while walking so that I could get my heart rate elevated a bit.

Shole

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.04z
There are a lot of exercises to do at home , I mean squads, sit ups , push ups , power walking. Tai Chi can be good but its really hard to do .

galmal

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.25z
I love dance aerobics - particularly step. I have a bunch of DVDs and just pop one in when I get time. You can vary the intensity depending on the kind of day you're having or what your goals are. They're fun and energetic, the music is good - they are really motivating for me. I know netflix has a pretty good selection if you don't want to spend money on DVDs. I've found collagevideos has a great online selection - and they also have clips so you can see if you like the instructor, the music and the workout. You can usually find some good deals on eBay, too.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back