How do you find out about new music?

Users who are viewing this thread

PrettiMamita

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't really listen to the radio much anymore unless I'm in a car so for me it's not really the radio I find new music from. I mostly see new music videos played on television than songs on the radio. For me I find most new music from friends posting on Facebook, recommendations on Youtube and listening to a variety of streaming sites/apps like Pandora and Spotify. Everytime I hear a new song, if it's an artist I haven't heard, I will go on Youtube and look them up or on Soundcloud.

How do you find out about new music?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

starfox64

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I usually go to the Billboard charts to see what is rising and falling on the charts to see if I missed anything new. I also listen to quite a variety of radio stations on my commute every day, so I don't miss a whole lot of popular songs. As far as finding some more obscure types of music, Youtube is my go-to source for all things music.

MMMMatilde

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
122.72z
If I'm driving to work and I hear something I like I use Shazam to pick up what it is. Other than that I use Spotify to recommend music and I go through other peoples playlists. Spotify is great for finding new music.

Matilde.

starfox64

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If I'm driving to work and I hear something I like I use Shazam to pick up what it is. Other than that I use Spotify to recommend music and I go through other peoples playlists. Spotify is great for finding new music.

Matilde.
Does Spotify listen to the song that you have on and identify it for you? If so, that is really cool. If it's free, I might have to get it...

starfox64

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
No that's Shazam. It doesn't know everything but it does know a lot :)

Matilde.
I misread your post, thanks for clearing that up for me :)

While looking for the app, I came across an app called Viggle. This app actually listens and identifies music, too. But what is really cool about it is that it gives you points that you can redeem for gift cards and stuff. Thought it was worth mentioning.

PrettiMamita

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I usually go to the Billboard charts to see what is rising and falling on the charts to see if I missed anything new. I also listen to quite a variety of radio stations on my commute every day, so I don't miss a whole lot of popular songs. As far as finding some more obscure types of music, Youtube is my go-to source for all things music.

I sometimes look at Billboard charts when I want to add new music or make a cd. Sometimes I will find I miss out on popular songs but I will also go back to past years to look up what was popular. I know I made a 90s playlist and most of the songs I either found on Billboard or found on Youtube videos made from top songs of the 90s. I know there are some users who will compile the top list and add clips of each song to the video.

darkcgi

Glorified Maniac
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
by searching topics on youtube I stumble upon music
plus I randomly search for music
and use shazam to tell me the band and song names of stuff on the radio

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back