How Can @NightlyShow @LarryWilmore Throw the Book @BillCosby So Quickly? #KeepIt100

Cosby: Guilty or Not Guilty?

• Guilty

• NOT

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
Bill Cosby--the Doctor of Education, classic stand-up comic (even if he has to do it sitting down), the nation's father-figure as Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable--has had quite a few women come forward (years-&-years-&-years after the alleged facts) with accusations that he did all sorts of ungentlemanly things to them.
And comedian Larry Wilmore (host of COMEDY CENTRAL's The Nightly Show) tells us 'with zero hesitation' (at least, with as little hesitation as possible) that Mr. Cosby--though legally "innocent until proven guilty" and though there's no evidence for any of the accusers' cases--is publicly marked 'guilty forever' with all of his former accomplishments wiped out of the public memory!
How dare he stand behind such accusations!? Mr. Cosby's greatness most-likely inspired Mr Wilmore to become what he is today! Mr. Cosby has unendingly championed the necessity of education in America today ... he probably had a great deal to do with 'the fact that you can't get a decent job today without at least an Associate's degree (if not a Bachelor's). Right?
The explanation that Wilmore gave was the astounding number of women who accused Cosby (no just one or two, but THIRTY-FIVE!) However; such a big delay between -'the alleged violations and -'the reports of them' might lead one to the big revelation---that ALL 'acts of intercourse' are 'the four-letter R-word' once the relationship is over! Right?
So I want to FLOOD the people's memory with good things from Mr. Cosby. Can you think of any?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
REALLY? What entertainer said that in Saudi Arabia it only takes 2 women to testify against a man for society to belief them, but here we have 25 and we still cast doubt? He did many things with his career with a great many not so great things in the mix it seems and if you had any idea what it was like to be a victim of a sex crime you wouldn't want to be singing the mans praises from the rooftops. I'm shocked because he was one of my favorite entertainers, and now I'm just stuck with yet another bittersweet reminder that there were always dirty dealings behind many of my fondest childhood memories.

Uncle Doc J

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
REALLY? What entertainer said that in Saudi Arabia it only takes 2 women to testify against a man for society to belief them, but here we have 25 and we still cast doubt? He did many things with his career with a great many not so great things in the mix it seems and if you had any idea what it was like to be a victim of a sex crime you wouldn't want to be singing the mans praises from the rooftops. I'm shocked because he was one of my favorite entertainers, and now I'm just stuck with yet another bittersweet reminder that there were always dirty dealings behind many of my fondest childhood memories.

Oh, I understand. It's just that--in summary--I 'pre-judge him innocent' :pompus: If the ladies had come forward AT THE TIME OF THE VIOLATION, I would have understood that Mr. Cosby was 'a terrible gentleman' or something, but now it just seems like a bunch of she-said-he-said-(but-who's-listening-to-him?).

Like I said above, EVERY 'get-down session' is less-wonderful than you expected (if not in the marital-bed ... and I'm not saying that as a 'morality'-issue, but how it really is).... I'm not 'experienced enough' to say how it is for anyone but me; but the point is that--unless the couple is married--it's ALWAYS a bad experience to remember.

78,865Threads
2,185,200Messages
4,953Members
Back