Foster Parenting Dogs

Users who are viewing this thread

Patch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I sometimes wonder about it. Many dogs deserve and can be treated but where do you draw the line. A very very close person is a Foster Parent and I have been involved or have taken care sometime or another of each pet she has gotten. This last one is two years old came from a puppy mill and was never ever let out of her cage other than to allow for cleaning of it's cage. This puppy is not potty trained at all, could not live outside, is wild and afraid of humans. You have to keep it on a leash all the time or you would never be able to retrieve it. It does tend to stay around my friends other dog and even today I noticed it would follow me around the house today but keep it's distance. The agency puts a lot of money in these dogs and if you want to adopt one it is $350.00. When I first saw this dog I had to wonder why this one was not just put down as it it lived in terror and afraid of everything out of it's cage but after my friend having it three months it is handling life much better but I still feel for it knowing it will never be a normal puppy.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

hart

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I couldn't do it. I would end up with more dogs and/or cats that would be legal to own......

Patch

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I couldn't do it. I would end up with more dogs and/or cats that would be legal to own......

I think it is great that people do it. It would not be for me as we just put our dog down and I now realize the freedom we lost by having the dog. But I wonder when do they just draw the line on some of these animals as they are only continuing their pain such as this last dog my friend got?

thank you for your response.

Joe the meek

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
We've fostered about 40 dogs or so in 8 years. Only had to put one down. Well worth the reward in finding a forever family and having the room to try and help another dog.

78,865Threads
2,185,202Messages
4,953Members
Back