fav authors

Users who are viewing this thread

butterflylover

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.87z
What's your favorite authors?Minea are James Patterson, Lisa Gardner,Lisa Jackson,L.J. Smith,Nora Roberts,Cassandra Clare,Heather Graham.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Stephen King, Richard Laymon, Herman Wouk, Harlan Coben, Ian Rankin, Charles Dickens, Tom Rob Smith, Dean Koontz and John Grisham.

Leah Love

Reaction score
Tokenz
253.00z
Jim Butcher
Stephen King
David Eddings
George R. R. Martin
Anne McCaffrey
Tatiana de Rosnay
Kim Harrison
Margaret Atwood
Tanya Huff

... and so on and so forth...

Kyle B

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
John Grisham, John Steinbeck, Hemingway, George Orwell.....

I honestly can't think of any others right now lol

AnitaBeer

I kissed a leprechaun...
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Stephen King, Dean Koontz, James Patterson, J.R.R. Tolkien, Stephanie Meyers, and I'm really enjoying some Sherrilyn Kenyon lately.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
My favorite authors are Sarah Dessen, Elizabeth Scott, and Robin Jones Gunn. They are all Young Adult authors who write Contemporary and Romance novels.

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Oh, my list of favorite authors include only old-fashioned names; Jules Verne, Lewis Carrol, Mark Twain, Charles Dickens, Bram Stoker

And when it comes to modern authors, I mostly like esoteric and metaphysical readings so I could only name authors such as Vernon Howard, Al G. Manning, Joseph Murphy, Sybil Leek and more.

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I definitely have my own personal pantheon of literary luminaries, but it's hard to rank one above the other, especially since styles often differ. Among the classics I really love Eça de Queirós, Italo Calvino, Dostoyevsky.
For a good laugh I feel comfortable turning to the likes of Tom Sharpe (the first couple of books in the Wilt series and Porterhouse Blue are among my top comedy novels). If I want to tone down on the slapstick and go for a bit of sarcasm, David Lodge is also a safe pick. Max Barry also has interesting, humourous views on the modern world.
If I want something light, the action-filled historical novels of Valerio Massimo Manfredi or Ket Follet usually scratch that itch.
When it comes to top tier literature, something to challenge me a bit more while still accessible, Umberto Eco and José Saramago are my favourites. Been getting a lot into Margaret Atwood, Hilary Mantel and Jonathan Franzen lately.
Umberto Eco is also among my favourites for non-fiction, along with Simon Schama and Jared Diamond.
Also, if you count comics as literature, then Alan Moore, Brian K. Vaughan and Lewis Trondheim reign supreme.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back