Do You Watch Any Reality TV Programs?

Users who are viewing this thread

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
At one time these seem to be all over the place. Now it seems like the only ones coming up with new Reality Series are cable networks. Anyway, I will admit that there are some reality shows that I do like to watch. I am mostly into the competition like programs. I like Dancing with the Stars and America's Got Talent.

I will also admit that I like to watch some of the reality shows on some of the cable networks. I like to watch a show called Say Yes to the Dress on TLC. I also watch some of the Real Housewives on Bravo. Yes, these can be a bit over the top at times, but what can I say sometimes these women and their drama is better then some soap operas.

So, do you watch any reality tv, if so which ones?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
Although I appreciate that many people do enjoy these shows - I have to say that TV Reality shows are not something that I watch - in fact if I were totally honest they are something that I particularly dislike and usually do my best to avoid - as apart from the fact that most of them are staged and there is absolutely nothing real about them - the plots and the acting are generally so dreadful that it makes them painfully hard to watch.

However - much as I'm one of those who is wishing that their popularity would start to fade - I unfortunately don't think it will - especially as these type of shows appear to increase the viewing figures for many TV Channels.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
I've watched about seven or eight episodes of Kitchen Nightmares, in which chef Gordon Ramsey helps struggling restaurants.

One thing I like about this show is that not all of the episodes have a happy ending. For example, one restaurant Gordon tried to help closed it's doors at the end of the episode. Gordon could not save the restaurant.

sidney

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.79z
I like Storage Wars on Tru Tv, but the ones that are complete nonsense like Keeping Up With The Kardashians, I don't really watch. I do watch a bit of it when I stumble upon it on tv, but I don't make it a point to watch every episode. I used to watch every season of Survivor and Big Brother too, but now I lost interest in them.

joshposh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
I'm still hooked on Survivor. It's in it 20+ season and I just can't get enough of it. Everyone knows the game by now and on day one everyone is play the game and making strategic moves. Every now and then you get a few weird characters and that makes things interesting on the show.

cable has been making a lot of reality shows lately. From cook offs, to moms that like to cook. They have left no stone upturned to find new ideas for reality shows. It is only a matter of time before they throw innocent citizens in prison to see what happens when good people get treated badly. Hey it could happen. I hear the cable companies calling now for an interview.

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm guilty as charged LOL We currently have no access to a TV but I do enjoy a lot of "reality TV" even when I know there's nothing real about it, because let's face it, most if not all of it is scripted. Among the ones I enjoy are:

- I'm a Celebrity, Get me out of Here (UK)
- Strictly Come Dancing
- American Idol/ The X Factor UK
- The Apprentice (UK)
- Anything with Gordon Ramsay in it
- Big Brother UK
- The Real Housewives (some)

I enjoy car crash TV and love to see people making fools of themselves LOL

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back