Do you reread books that you like a lot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

illusion

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
I have a hard time re-reading a book. Even if there's parts I don't remember. I feel like once I've finished with a book, I want something new. Re-reading a book feels like a chore.

Denis Hard

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
If a book has a simple linear plot then I definitely won't read that book more than once. For stories with far more complex stories and a major twist at the end [for example, The Spy Who Came In From The Cold] I can re-read the story to see if I can find any plot holes that would make the twist absurd. Beyond that, the only book I ever read over and over is Howard's A Gent From Bear Creek.

SueA555

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I frequently re-read books. Most of the time, if enough time passes, it's like reading a whole new book. And some books are comfort reads -- I want to spend some time time with characters I feel I have gotten to know.

Katya S

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
All the time. I've reread series like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson at least 10 times, as well as books like Rebecca, Jane Eyre, Pride and Prejudice and loads more.

mintyfish

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yep, all the time! I do feel kind of guilty when I do it because there are so many other books that I haven't even read yet, and the likelihood is that I'm not going to get to read all the books I want to before I do. Sooo it does feel like I'm wasting time, but reading is about enjoyment and if I really like a book and want to enjoy it a second time then screw it, I will.

I think I've read the first Harry Potter book about 7 times...

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Actually I hardly have time to read a book once, so no time at all to re-read any at all.

Many years ago I used to do it regularly while waiting new titles, today I only re-read the I Ching and some books about witchcraft because they are my sort of Bible replacement :D

Kotro

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I didn't think I would need to reread books, even the ones I enjoyed the most. A few of the ones I read I gave away or sold because, you know, once read they just occupy space, and I'm not the kind of person to have a bookshelf full just to gloat at the books I've read. However, growing older, and after quite some time has passed since the original reading, I do find myself remembering older books. Especially if I feel I've had a string of disappointing reads, I glance at the old bookshelf and will pick up something which I remember enjoying reading years ago, but whose content is already somewhat sketchy in my mind. I don't get rid of books I've read anymore.

Joker99352

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I've never re-read a book, but I have been assigned the same book for multiple classes a couple of times. I usually skim the book itself and look up summaries online, if I can. I might re-read a book later on down the road, but so far I haven't found any books that make me want to read them multiple times over.

asereht1970

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I always do. I always re-read books that I enjoyed reading. Sometimes I re-read them until the pages are nearly torn. I always go to book sale to look out for books that are cheap and second hand.

Lucy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I re-read books quite often, generally when I'm feeling sad and need to pick up something I know will be comforting or cheer me up - I generally go for books that are relatively easy reads with clearly defined characters, because then it's like slipping back easily into a universe where it feels like I've already made friends (if that makes sense!) YA books are often pretty clearly written and character-driven, so I'm often drawn to them: things like Harry Potter, His Dark Materials, The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants, etc.

xTinx

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Stories that have greatly influenced me or fueled my imagination are always worth re-reading. I've re-read a number of novels especially those written by my favorite authors. The novels I enjoy re-reading the most are those in the magical realism genres (e.g. Haruki Murakami, Isabel Allende) and many other books from the Vampire Chronicles.

Blessed19

Reaction score
Tokenz
883.68z
Yes of course I do reread books that I have read before and it is interesting even though I read them before but I love reading them because I understand what it says and I really want to work with the book because it has to do with my growth as a person, it does great job with my personality and how to handle myself and be a better person.

freakofnature

Vampire
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,933.58z
Yes, I love re-reading books. LOTR and the Chronicles of Narnia get read at least once a year. I also re-read Harry Potter regularly, though maybe not every year.

magnus2022

Reaction score
Tokenz
435.62z
There are some good books i use to read many times over. Icdo reread 48 laws of power by Robert Green, Things fall apart by Chinua Achebe, Rich dad, poor dad and host of other quality books.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back