Do you reread books that you like a lot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

robdawg1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I do, I have a select few series of novels i re read alot.

1. Harry Potter (of course)(J.K.Rowlings)
2. Belgariad and Mallorean(David Eddings)
3. Elenium and Tamuli (David Eddings)
4. Shannara series (about 13+ books)(Terry Brooks)
5. Sword of Truth series (Terry Goodkind)

to name a few

Jezzebelle

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
I don't like rereading books or rewatching movies. I will make an exception for some books I love to read them with my kids, like Harry Potter.

Kyle B

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Nope, never. Even if I liked the book...I read it once, don't need to read it again. I'd rather spend the time reading a new book.

robdawg1

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I find that I miss things the first time i read because of my tendency to read too fast and miss details.
I also find myself getting caught up in my re reads as though I hadn't read it the first time, even though I know whats going to happen.
My imagination is such that I end up re imagining locations and descriptions to be different no matter how many times i read...

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
Years ago, I re-read When Bad Things Happen To Good People by Harold Kushner. But that's the only book I've ever re-read...at least in my adult years, anyway.

Peter Parka

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Yep, definately and I do the same with DVDs and computer games too. Guess its the Aspie side of me, if I enjoy something, why wouldn't I enjoy it again? Off the top of my head, the books I re-read over and over are -
JRR Tolkien - The Hobbit
JRR Tolkien - Lord of the rings
Terry Pratchett - Guards! Guards!
Terry Pratchett - Men at Arms
Antonia Fraser - Charles II
Donald Rumbelow - The complete Jack the Ripper
Paul Begg - Jack the Ripper the uncensored facts
John Pearson - The cult of violence
Chronicle of the 20th century
The Jack the Ripper A to Z
The rock and roll travellers guide Great Britain and Ireland
Julia Baird - John Lennon my brother
The rise of Great Britain
Crown and Parliament

Rachie

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I always reread my books - there's a bunch that I read all the time:

Baby Sitters Club series
Nancy Drew series
The Outsiders
Miles to Go
Luv Ya Bunches

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,321.37z
I have read all the Harry Potter series once or twice.
Lord of the Rings several times.
Other than those I am not a big book reader.
I read a lot of magazines and usually only once on those.

pinkporridge

V.I.Pinkporridge
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't re-read books. it makes me sad when a good book/series ends cos i know its over forever for me. I just cant read it again knowing whats coming. Films i don't mind so much but its never as good the second time. Unless of course its a film with a million twists that you can pick up on the second time.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I do reread books that I really like a lot. I am currently rereading Lock and Key by Sarah Dessen. It is an Young Adult Contemporary fiction, which it is one of my favorite genres as well.

Lizbeth19ph

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.17z
Yes, I do re-read books especially if they are my favorites some of which are : "Tuesdays With Morrie" by Mitch Albom, "Dark Half" by Stephen King, etc. If there is something familiar or we can relate with the contents of the book or we simply are moved by the lines or can symphatize with the characters in a story, we re-read. It's the same as watching a favorite movie or program again and again. :)

Vajk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Sometimes I do. For example, the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series by George R. R. Martin. It has five books and each one of them is over 600 pages long, the fifth book being more than a thousand pages long. I like rereading them because I get to discover stuff and make connections in my head which I missed the last time I've read the books. For example, my mind was absolutely blown when I realized that Jaqen is actually the Alchemist on my THIRD reread. Besides, with the show being aired by HBO, it's necessary to brush up on my ASOIAF lessons. :D

isabbbela

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I think the only books I ever reread (in fact, more than twice) were the Harry Potter books! I'm not usually one to reread books, even if I like them I'm always looking for the next great book. I love reading, so it seems like a waste for me to read something I already read when there are so many awesome books out there just waiting for me to discover them!
With Harry Potter it's different, though. The series simply makes me happy every time I read them, so I will start them over when I'm feeling down or miss my teenage years! I swear those books have a "magical power" to make everything better!

Taraa

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yes, there are some books that I have re-read. Last year I re-read the Foundation series by Asimov. The first time I read it was in the 90's. I re-read the core of the Foundation series:

--Foundation
--Foundation and Empire
--Second Foundation

I am trolling used bookstores to find Asimov's robot series. I know that I could order it from Amazon, but I enjoy browsing used bookstores. I'm especially looking for "Caves of Steel". It was the first book I read my Asimov.

MindyT

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I have read the Harry Potter books twice. I felt like I missed a lot of the details the first time. I have read To Kill a Mockingbird about five times. Those are the only books I have read multiple times.

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back