Do You Read Fanfiction?

Users who are viewing this thread

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
As I mentioned in another one of my threads on this forum, I love to read. I will read anything as long as it has the components that I loo for in a story, which consist of: great dialogue, chemistry between the characters, vivid and unique story telling which lacks boring platitudes. I have found that I do not get this from most of the books out there. take Harry Potter for instance. I really din't like the way that J.K Rowling told that story. It was very boring to me.

I have found that when I read fanfiction, I get what I need. I get the great dialogue - and the characters just seem to come off of the page. Now whether that is because of the fact that fanficiton characters already exist in the form of movies or TV shows, I do not know. But I don't think that I can attribute it to that. The stories just seem better and they are free too lol. I am currently reading a lot of Glee fanfiction.

Do you also read fanfiction?

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

SS42A

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I used to read fanfiction before, but nowadays I've shifted to nonfiction as of late. My favorite fanfiction stories are from video games such as Radiata Stories and my favorite cartoon series, such as Teen Titans. I haven't written any fanfics about Teen Titans, but have for Radiata Stories.

One Direction

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.08z
No. I think fan fiction is pretty silly. I just want to read original content, plot, script, storyline, dialogue and all. I don't need to have my vision of the plot skewed by fan fic writers. My cousin is very into fan fiction though. She finds it very entertaining. I don't know why. Maybe I just don't know where to look for great fan fiction writers. But again, I think fan fic is just a waste of time IMO.

Dreek Lass

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.77z
No. I think fan fiction is pretty silly. I just want to read original content, plot, script, storyline, dialogue and all. I don't need to have my vision of the plot skewed by fan fic writers. My cousin is very into fan fiction though. She finds it very entertaining. I don't know why. Maybe I just don't know where to look for great fan fiction writers. But again, I think fan fic is just a waste of time IMO.

Most Tv shows do not give me what I want, and by what I want I mean a lesbians couple with a good story line, and a happy ending. you perhaps are not aware of this but almost every lesbians story that ever graces TV ends in death, prison or one of them going off with a man. It is ridiculous. Nobody takes lesbians seriously when it comes to depicting lesbians love on TV.

Fanfiction is a way to correct that lol ;)

Katya S

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I read (and write) fanfiction quite a lot. Mostly for tv shows like Sherlock and Supernatural, but some from books I've enjoyed as well. I don't read it as much as normal books though, mainly because it's easier to carry a book around with me than my computer :)

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back