Do you prefer working out outside or indoors?

Users who are viewing this thread

SpiderShark

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.07z
As the title says, do you work out at your home/the gym or do you prefer doing it outside? Personally, if the weather allows it, I'm always exercising outdoors. Because I like fresh air and being away from home.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

kaiuk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.85z
I do both. I do weight training indoors because there is no outdoor gym where I live. But for cardio I prefer to either do skipping in the garden or jogging I the park, so the answer in that case is outdoors. If I lived in Florida then those outdoor gyms might be tempting, but doing it in Britain in the rain and cold weather is not so appealing.

lizzief79

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.05z
I prefer not to work out at all if I can help it! In the summer I don't mind going for long walks. If I do have a sudden urge to get fit I would do something inside my own home.

eagle22

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I would rather workout indoors, but then again I mostly lift weights so that might be why. If I were a runner I might prefer running outside instead of on a treadmill or indoor track.

Spade

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.35z
I would rather workout indoors, but then again I mostly lift weights so that might be why. If I were a runner I might prefer running outside instead of on a treadmill or indoor track.
It's pretty much this for me. The majority of my workout consists of weights or various exercises that can be done indoors. The only things that can't be done are jogging/jump rope. Alt.hough if I was introverted enough I could move furniture out of the way and jog around a couple of rooms and not have to breathe a breath of fresh air. And after scratching the walls from carelessly moving my weights between rooms, I have no desire to take the weights outside to the backyard. I'm likely to knock something over. I never really got the point of gyms though, honestly. Unless someone wants to take about all the benefits a gym brings.

tajnz

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
It depends, ideally I'd love having my own gym at home, however I currently run outdoors and do Pilates at home. I'm not a gym bunny as I prefer to work out alone.

Pierre Eustache

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.12z
I prefer to work indoors. You have better control over your activities. No rush hour, no car accident ( or motorcycle ), no rain that disturb your activities, no hot sun...

Tobasn

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
For me it totally depends on the mode.. whenever weather looks pleasant at that time i love to workout outside but mostly inside my house.. what about you..??

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
Working out outdoors in the middle of the summer is something I often hate because on a hot day I really sweat and feel too hot.

And the winter for me can be too cold and icy.

So I like indoor exercise better, in general.

hijin

Dreaming Writer
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm a homebody, so I exercise at home. Fresh air is nice, but I am cautious in crossing the street in the afternoon to jog at a nearby park, what with all the abusive drivers who never care to stop for crossing pedestrians. I like working out at home because I can watch TV or watch any movies. It's fun, in my case. I cannot feel it is a routine because I'm distracted and enjoying it. :cat:

Also, the weather can be pretty unpredictable here in my place, so I cannot enjoy brisk walking or jogging when it rains. At least, when I am at home, I am safe from the rain.

Rhodolite

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I prefer outdoors. I hate being confined to four walls and considering my wanderlust, I have to always be on the move and do something or else I'll start going nuts. Rain or shine I don't care. The only time I can't stand being outdoors is with snow on the ground or if it's disgustingly hot and humid. That stuff is pure misery. I can handle rain fine since I'm used to rainy weather.

MLNewkirk

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I unfortunately have to workout indoors because of the awful air quality where I live. The last time I went for a run was years ago and I had one of the worst asthma attacks ever. Luckily I had my rescue inhaler but I literally fell to the ground and went into the fetal position when it happened. A year later I had an asthma attack so bad that I ended up in the hospital for almost a week. I miss working out outdoors.

MainerMikeBrown

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.24z
Although I generally like exercising indoors better, getting outdoor exercise when the weather is nice for the first time in a long time, such as when the winter starts coming to an end, can be quite awesome.

Gemma

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I get bored out of my mind indoors. I prefer outdoor activities like bicycle riding, hiking, rock climbing, or kayaking.

gata montes

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.32z
Well this is not a particularly difficult choice for me - as although I enjoy just about any form of aerobic activity and whether it be dancing, swimming, hiking, riding a bike, using a treadmill/stepper or attending a class I generally find any of those activities to be a fun way of working out - as I'm very much an outdoor sort and love walking as well as riding a bike and am heavily into mountain biking - which I try to do at least four times a week or more if my schedule allows it - my preference would very definitely be outside.

missbishi

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.28z
I prefer walking outside over anything else. Luckily, the air quality is fine where I live and whilst it can get a little cold, I feel so much better once I've had a good long walk and start feeling quite bad if I go longer than two days without one. I just prefer being out in the fresh air in general.

78,864Threads
2,185,187Messages
4,953Members
Back