Participant count
    Participants list

Natasha

La entrepierna de fuego
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
1,377.70z
*wonders how many people actually read the thread...or noticed it was in the Literature section*

:24:

dancingpotato

Banned PER USER's Request
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Yes, until I got my kindle. Now I just download a bunch of free books and start reading. If I don't like it, I don't mind because it cost nothing.

pandandesign

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I do! I would buy the book if it looks very eye-catching and beautiful. I know there are a lot of readers out there think the same thing. If fact, I still have to read the summary on the back of the book.

Aries

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
Never bought a book just for the cover but covers do attract me to read what the book is about. Sometimes I buy it but it's really based on content.

woot223

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
If I judged books by their covers I would probably have never even started reading. Take Metamorphosis by Franz Kafka or Dandelion Wine by Ray Bradbury, the covers for those books look really boring, but the books themselves are super interesting.

drkn335

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.02z
I have only ever bought books based on their covers, really I guess. I mean I do read the blurb too, but only if the cover looks good. I don't think I can enjoy a book if it doesn't look good because a whole part of reading is the imagery that you get. So I judge the cover first, and if it looks good, and the blurb is good, I will buy it.

MyPaperBleeds

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I don't know if I necessarily judge it... but the cover is definitely the first thing that will draw me to the book. If it looks interesting I'll pick it up and read the back to see what it's about. It's definitely the summary that makes me decide whether or not I'd want to buy and read it.

78,866Threads
2,185,215Messages
4,953Members
Back