Do you eat at the table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kyle B

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
This question popped in my head when I was eating dinner today. Do y'all eat at the table for meals with your family? If you live alone do you still eat at a table?

My family never really ate together. We'd either eat at the bar counter in the kitchen or go our separate ways.

Now, I eat at the kitchen table with my laptop or the tv, because eating at a computer desk or couch is messy. In the mornings, I can watch the news while I'm eating my breakfast. Plus, it lets me take my time eating and separates "eating time" from "non-eating time" so I don't gorge on too much crap.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

Springsteen

Number 2, Rafael!
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.06z
When I lived at home we always ate Sunday dinner round the table, and Christmas dinner (still do that)

As for now (I live with a friend) no. I eat in front of the TV.

NuckingFuts

One of the originals
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
395.93z
Dinner we always eat together at the dinning room table. lunch or breakfast depends on the mood and the food.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
Not always.I love eating my food infront of the TV i can be there eating for more then half an hour, and no i dont have a lot just eat slow i like to enjoy the food and take a while to finish ...

we have dinner only we can all eat together but mostly we dont ....maybe on the weekends only and holidays and if we have bbq on summer that we go and eat at the table in the yard.

MoonOwl

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Sunday dinner yes. Other times, more likely not - depends on the meal. Tonight is pancakes and we'll all sit at the table.

KLD1019

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
no, Jace is the only one that does because, well, kids are messy when eating! LOL Chris sits in his recliner and i sit on the couch. unless its taco night, then i'll sit at the table cause its kind of messy LOL

AUFred

WAR EAGLE!!!
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
2,402.55z
When the kids were young all meals were at the table. As they got older we often ended up eating in front of the TV.

KLD1019

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Not always.I love eating my food infront of the TV i can be there eating for more then half an hour, and no i dont have a lot just eat slow i like to enjoy the food and take a while to finish ...

we have dinner only we can all eat together but mostly we dont ....maybe on the weekends only and holidays and if we have bbq on summer that we go and eat at the table in the yard.

me too!! and Chris HATES IT!! its not just infront of the tv, but its when we go out to eat too. i cant scarf my food and be done minutes of getting it. i like to enjoy it and not overstuff myself and feel miserable!

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
me too!! and Chris HATES IT!! its not just infront of the tv, but its when we go out to eat too. i cant scarf my food and be done minutes of getting it. i like to enjoy it and not overstuff myself and feel miserable!

glad am not alone funny is when we go out i try to eat faster because am getting sick of people asking me its ok if you dont want to finish the food you dont have too
they think i dont like the food :(

Even at home i never share anything with my husband all been put in different plates reason is he eat fast
ohh especialy snacks lol if i dont put different plates i will end up with nothing left lol

Sneakiecat

V.I.P User
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
We eat most of our meals at the table. Lunch is hit or miss. The only breakfast we eat consistently in pancakes on Sundays and we eat those at the table. Our son eats all his meals at the table.

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
We eat most of our meals at the table. Lunch is hit or miss. The only breakfast we eat consistently in pancakes on Sundays and we eat those at the table. Our son eats all his meals at the table.

sound great i do like to eat at the table too ... not just the TV lol
but in 3 minutes my husband will finish his meal so i end up alone lol
and my son well a 17 year old boy no way will be at the table now

Aeval

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Maybe 1/2 the time, I guess. Most suppers are eaten at the table, if we're both home. If I'm home alone, it's on the couch and out of a glass.

Minderella

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Generally we eat wherever, rarely at the "table" (which is actually our kitchen counter/bar thing because we don't have a table). We'll most likely eat in the living room.

jassilem

Peek-a-Boo
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
95% of the time I eat while sitting on the couch.. cuz our table usually has business crap all over it.

At mom's house all meals are at the table.

78,866Threads
2,185,216Messages
4,953Members
Back