DIY Personalized Gift for your other half

Users who are viewing this thread

Aiko

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I made this Christmas gift for my husband in our first year of marriage .I didn't have a job, didn't have any money and had to figure something out that wouldn't use his money .I felt it's pointless to use his money to go buy something for him .Besides, he pretty much has everything so I found something sweet and thoughtful that I made for him. Everything on this gift was found in the drawer in my house. I got this idea from some site I was posting but tweaked it around here and there. You could even use this as birthday or anniversary. If I had to redo it, I'd probably not use the rice (It took me a while to color each of them too!) because after so many years,It just looked so bad. Not to mention the glue just started to wear off so the rice disappeared. I'd perhaps fold two swan origami and put them in between of the light bulb.
The message itself is pretty clear. For the heart you're always in,if you don't want to carve a heart shape using a soap,you could find something else that has a heart shape. Hershey chocolate perhaps?

For the mind you're always on, I picked light bulb as a symbol of the light is 'on' thus he's always on my mind.

For the happiness you always bring, I took one of his little bike collection as a symbol because we'd always ride our motorcycle to go sight seeing. The 'moving wheel' of the vehicle symbolized the happiness that he will continue to always bring me.

Have fun and get creative.

DSC00539.jpg

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
    Participants list

dreamseer

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
This is really cute! It would be a fun project for my son and I to work on for Grandma. There are so many little things we could put on there for her, because she has made such an impact on our lives. A "keepsake" for her to have when he grows up!

AstriaPorta

Reaction score
Tokenz
1,098.37z
This is realy nice i believe sometimes it is the thought and not the gift ..the time you put to do all that it is more worth any other gifts you will buy

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
Rally nice and great idea! I received an invitation on Facebook encouraging me to buy Christmas gifts from small local commerce, which I think is a great idea to support small businesses rather than giving more money to the huge emporiums.

However after doing math, I believe that my tight budget won't allow it, and I must better take Aiko advice and do myself my personalized gifts this time :)

Thanks for the inspiration :)

78,864Threads
2,185,192Messages
4,953Members
Back