Dealing with a Family Crisis

Users who are viewing this thread

pafjlh

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.29z
I won't go into grave detail but right now I am dealing with a great deal in my family unit. A close family member of mine has had a stroke. This is usually not a good thing to here. When it comes to a stroke anything can happen to the body including paralysis or even death. So far she seems to be doing all right but you never know one day to the next.

When someone has a stroke they are prone to having another one. I had a close family friend who had a stroke and while recovering he had another one that killed him, so knowing that this has now happen to a close family member has me a bit on edge. Anyway, I just wanted to come here and let all this out. This hasn't been an easy time in my family, we have been dealing with a great deal and now this has happened as well. I guess all we can do right now is hope and pray that she will be all right.

Replies
    Views
    Participant count
  • Participants list

Mockingbird

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.10z
Depends why they had the stroke pafjlh. There are several things that can cause a stroke, and there is some truth that in SOME INSTANCES there is a chance for another stroke but not in ALL INSTANCES. Any idea the cause? Blood clots are the most common reason, but you can have a stroke from things like narrowing of the blood vessels to the brain and a whole host of other things that are treatable. Think positive thoughts modern medicine has come a long way. I will be thinking of you and your family Good luck!

Peachdejour

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
I'm sorry everything is so stressful right now hun. My cousin is just a few years older than myself and had a random stroke at work last year. He is completely fine now and they are not worried about future strokes. It turned out they had him on the wrong heart medication and he had a very bad reaction. If they can find the cause of the stroke, they can treat that cause and your family member should be able to avoid future complications. I hope everything goes well in their recover.

elles-belles

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
Aww that really is terrible to learn! I am sorry that you and your family are going through such a disturbingly tough time! It is always great to let things out and I am glad you found this forum as a platform to release all the pent up frustration and stress. Hang in there and I will definitely keep you and your family in my prayers.
Hoping for the best for all of you.

Lushlala

Reaction score
Tokenz
0.00z
So sorry to hear about what your family is currently facing, it can't be easy :( Sending you a huge bear hug, positive vibes and blessings. I'll be sure to have you in my prayers for the safe return to good health and full recovery of your family member. Keep the faith and as hard as it is, keep your chin up :)

The Man

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Reaction score
Tokenz
168.84z
Keep trucking...and take things as they come..cant be worried about something that may or may not happen and you have no control over.

Adam

Voodoo Baby
Reaction score
Tokenz
0.01z
My grand dad has had like 3 strokes now and is still kicking the a mofo, so honestly just be strong for the person and yourself.

78,865Threads
2,185,214Messages
4,953Members
Back